Larrys guns.watch out-check dates on cylinders

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
william

Re: larrys guns.watch out-check dates on cylinders

Post by william »

robinhoods wrote:Are you kidding,They loved me. Some thought they could see a halo around my head. Quite a few hungry students from Boulder University had a free breakfast just for helping out to get a free meal. The only time I felt bad there was when some catholic bishop who had a TV program made a remark about boulder. I think his name was Fulton Sheen and he said Boulder Colorado was the cesspool of the earth.
I was only six years older than the students who came in there or worked for me.
Robinhoods.
KUM - BAFREAKIN' - YA!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Does anybody know how we got from robinhoods complaining about cylinder dates to robinhoods claiming to be some kind of philanthropic employer?
dronning

Re: larrys guns.watch out-slippery

Post by dronning »

robinhoods wrote:Not saying he is a thief but you can't tell me you think that deal is good.
Ok lets say you went to buy a new audi A6.
They all look alike anyway (blue)and you pick one off the lot from the Audi dealer.
he tells you and sells it as new and you pay the new price.
You get the registration in the mail from the motor vehicle bureau and it says car is a 2009.
You call the dealer and he tells you it's a new car thats it just came from the factory.
Should you get a new car or your money back. Try and sell it or trade it in.
What do you think you would get.
It is out of my hands now and Discover card credited my account already for the whole amount except the return shipping. Hey all he had to do was replace the cylinders with new ones or even a year old-I wouldn't care. He didn't
robinhoods
Your analogy isn't even close to what happened.

It would work if when buying the car you asked the dealer to put in a full size spare tire instead of the tiny one and you found out later the tire was produced 5 years ago. You got a brand new car you wanted with a 5 year old spare. 99.99% of the people could care less.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

For the record, I think the 10 year rule is arbitrary. Cylinders could last much much longer. They should have just instituted a rule that requires them to be tested. This rule is driving up the cost of shooting and pushing new shooters out of the sport.
breakfastchef

Post by breakfastchef »

I called Larry's to inquire about a Benelli Kite Young. It is my understanding that when you buy the pistol, it is shipped in a sealed case. They do not check guns before shipping so they have no idea what date is on the cylinder. In fact, they could not tell me what color cylinders are in a kit. So, I guess they receive stock from Benelli that may have been manufactured several years earlier.

Could this be the case because of low sales volume and excess inventory? Is the cylinder dating situation common with other brands?