Making the trigger squeeze subconscious

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Post by Russ »

vHoff wrote:@ Renzo: I tend to avoid flame wars.....

But the articles are interesting and I'm definitely going to experiment a bit at the range to test what works.
"...... helped correct all of the bad habits that I have accumulated during my 30 years of shooting. Consequently, my proficiency level has reached that of a competitive shooter. I am thankful for his coaching and regret that I did not have this coaching earlier on in my shooting career."

Dear VHoff,

You are correct about how the emotional impact does not help solve any problems. I posted the very first testimonial from my first American student. He took my class in 2004 and what he wrote is very important, not only for me, but for anyone who is looking forward to the competitive level. It's very important to understand how old habits are very difficult to fix. You do not need to wait a very long time and invest time creating something which you will need to fix sooner or later.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Putting on my fireproof armor here...

We've got two issues here, not one.

First, there is the basic question of trigger release. I agree with Russ...and Warren Potter, and several top bullseye shooters as well. Focus on the sights. Trigger pressure increase should be smooth and automatic. You go into Coarse Sight Alignment, hit the Firing Sequencer, then focus on Fine Sight Alignment until the shot fires.

Second, there is the issue of coaching. In principle, I have to agree with Russ. Getting good coaching is very helpful. In particular, it will accelerate your progress. Yes, you can read books and try to figure things out by trial and error - I suspect a lot of us did that - but good training is faster. I find it interesting that there is a growing industry in defensive shooting schools, but not in precision shooting.