Olympic Ranges

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

GaryD wrote:Does anyone know if all the shooting events will be televised.
As I understand it, the BBC as the host broadcaster will probably be making all of the finals available. Whether they are broadcast in the UK and at what times might be another matter.

I think it's probably a bit early to see their broadcast schedules but hopefully at least some of the finals will make it out live.

I would certainly expect the AR40, as the first medals of the games, to be shown (but I could be wrong).
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

GaryD wrote:...Does anyone know if all the shooting events will be televised.
Only if there are enough squeaky wheels complaining.

All the Finals will be available live to each national broadcaster + background and interviews (it is contracted!) - whether they show them and at what time slot if they do is up to the individual network and station.

If you WANT to see shooting, start contacting your local network that is covering the Games and WHINGE and get your fellow shooters to do so!
Otherwise you are going to get umpteen hunded hours of swimming live and little if any shooting in the wee small hours of the morning.

Some other sports probably have this organised on an industrial scale.
peterz

Post by peterz »

The USA will have multiple channels including some pay per view. We may be able to negotiate some coverage for a bit of pinkapinka.

But remember the shooting events are at the beginning, so NOW is the time for all good whiners to come to the aid of their sport.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

peterz wrote:The USA will have multiple channels including some pay per view. We may be able to negotiate some coverage for a bit of pinkapinka.

But remember the shooting events are at the beginning, so NOW is the time for all good whiners to come to the aid of their sport.
worth repeating

so NOW is the time for all good whiners to come to the aid of their sport