Prone -- distance from the "eye" to the rear apper

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

RobinC wrote:I realise there is no magic answer Rob, but like Leo I have found this thead truly facinating and Eric's comments very useful on a subject that many shooters just let "happen" rather than analyse. With a shooter of his experience we should take note, what I wanted and I suspect the original poster also was an average to start experimenting from, and 1.5 - 2 inches seems to fit.
Thanks Eric all this has been most helpfull.
Robin
Robin,
Whilst Eric is undoubtedly a great shooter, he is one of many. If you really are only interested in one persons views then I suggest you email him. This is a forum open to all and as such there's lots of useful advise and experience. The choice open to you is what to follow and what to ignore.

Rob.
WRC

Post by WRC »

Wow Rob, you really ought to try harder to be a wet blanket. It's responses like this that are starting to make these fora suck.
Waisted

Post by Waisted »

WRC wrote:Wow Rob, you really ought to try harder to be a wet blanket. It's responses like this that are starting to make these fora suck.
WRC, you just have to get used to the fact that all "fora" suck at some level. At least this one concentrates on target stuff, and so I'm not faced with the million and a half brainless doodahs who like to talk about their latest kill and how exciting it was for them.

I actually read one such post, in another forum, where the gunner was in tears after killing a deer, overcome by the moment of communion with the freaking deer he had just slaughtered. I mean, "how was it for you?" taken to extremes.

Now THAT sucks.