Steyr LP 10 ELECTRONIC

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Steve Swartz wrote:. . . some of you seem really sensitive about this!
Steve
I think it is really important to have faith in one's equipment. It can turn into a mind game if the talk is aimed at potential inferior mechanical operation of one's pistol. If one has a mechanical trigger and admits that the electronic trigger is easier to shoot, doubt sets in and performance suffers. It works vice versa on "E" vs "M" triggers.

I think it is very healthy to defend one's equipment as the best on the line no matter what is in your hand.

I learned the hard way; it works for ammo, too.
Ben
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Freepistol wrote:I think it is very healthy to defend one's equipment as the best on the line no matter what is in your hand.
I don't claim my 162EI is the best on the line.

What I do claim however is that, mainly because of the feel of the electronic trigger, it's better for me than any other pistol I have tried.
Zollman

Post by Zollman »

Steve Swartz wrote:Gee, with all the overwhelming evidence on the superiority of mechanical triggers, I wonder why Steyr is going to all the trouble . . . or why Morini (an otherwise inferior design, except for the trigger) has been so popular and successful.
I don't imagine that evidence of superiority or even advantage, real or percieved, has anything to do with Steyr's plans or Morini's popularity. Steyr is making an electro-mech to sell Steve Swartz a pistol, since the only thing that Steyr doesn't do is offer a pistol with electro-mech trigger. It is no secret that when people buy Morini, it is not for a grip you can cant and rotate (which Steyr will do correctly with their electro-mech) or the absorber technology, or the adjustability of rear sight depth, or a lightweight platform. Steyr has done all of these things well, and now with an electro-mechanical trigger.

Morini sells because they make a reliable and consistent air pistol with an electro-mech trigger that is $400-$500 cheaper. Now they are not the only maker with the electro-mech trigger. Even the other "crappy" pistol maker from Italy has an electro-mech option. Steyr is trying to edge into the Morini market. Too bad the world economy is what it is, as it might have a positive impact on Morini pistols; like an upgrade in sights and, at a minimum, ported barrels and a directional compensator.

Of course, some will see the Steyr with electronics as simply a gimic, like many still do with the Morini.

Again, it is what suits the shooter, nothing more. No hurt feelings or emotional response. None any better than others (Although, until the LP10E is out there for some time, Morini will certianly be seen as having a more reliable electro-mech trigger.) After all, I shoot a late model 162 E (not the gimicky 162 EI!) and it is responsible for my high match score of 575. I find it has a better trigger than any of those "crappy guns" like the Feinwerkbau guns I have owned and shot for years (especially that dreadful P34 trigger) and any Walther, FAS, Hammerli, or Pardini air pistol that I have shot.

Since Steyr is the only maker that I have not spent any time shooting, I may need to get my hands on an LP10E to see how it feels. I guess they are making the LP10E for me, too.

peace and love; peace AND love,

zollman