Worst gun?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Which gun is/was worst gun?

FWB AW 93
7%
Hammerli SP 20/SP 20 RRS
16%
MatchGuns MG2/MG2E
25%
Morini CM22/CM22 RF
5%
Morini 102E
11%
Pardini SP1/SP1 RF
5%
Pardini SP/SP RF
2%
Walther/Baikal
20%
Walther GSP (post 1983)/Expert
9%

Total votes: 44

jipe

Post by jipe »

Olav wrote:
jipe wrote: When I see the votes, almost all pistols are the worse for one or another shooter.
If you are able to read, then please note no shooter has labeled the Pardinis as worst gun(s). (!)
If you are able to understand, then you would have noted the word "almost" !

Olav wrote:
jipe wrote: I assume this is the KSP that are not known as bad gun.
The KSPs owned by members of my club have been less reliable. But they come at a lower cost...
Less reliable doesn't mean "worse gun". No top match pistol is 100% reliable, there are always some pieces that can break, the first one being often the firing pin.
Olav wrote:
jipe wrote: And so on with the Hammerli SP20 that definitely cannot be qualified of "worse gun".
The SP20 has had very many issues. Frokes frames, broken bolts etc. As severel threads have covered. Just use the "search" option here....and you will find.
Most of the threads about broken SP20 are about the .32 version.

Now you can break almost any .22 matchpistol, including the Pardini, by shooting strong/fast ammo in it, matchpistol are made to shoot soft/subsonic/match ammo. Its the same for the .32 SP20, soft well reloaded .32 do n ot break the pistol, factory .32 do.
F. Heinrich

Post by F. Heinrich »

Olav wrote: The Walther Baikal was discontinued some time ago.
Hence, the MG2 may be worst gun AND worst buy (of brand new guns.)

Not much people find any favor in the MG2, I read.
F. Yewmans

Post by F. Yewmans »

F. Heinrich wrote:
Olav wrote: The Walther Baikal was discontinued some time ago.
Hence, the MG2 may be worst gun AND worst buy (of brand new guns.)

Not much people find any favor in the MG2, I read.
That's strange, because except for a few posts by unregistered trolls in this forum, several MG2 owners here are very satified with their pistols.

I'm new to this, so what exactly makes the MG2 so horrible? And when I enquire, I mean specifically, not generally, like a blanket generalization such as "reliability issues." I've heard that the TOZ free pistol is not such a well made weapon, with poor springs (both design and metalurgy) and ill-fitting parts, but it remains quit popular, in spite of these impediments.

Just curious,

F. Yewmans
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Brief synopsis, it was a new pistol, pretty unique in design, and it had some reliability issues in the beginning, imagine that.

The company has provided new parts and service to those with early pistol that had problems, imagine that a company standing behind what they sell.

Some people are just impatient and wouldn't be happy with anything. Right now I know of about a half dozen some that had early pistol with problem and some with later pistols that haven't had any problems, all are happy with them now.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Richard H wrote:Brief synopsis, it was a new pistol, pretty unique in design, and it had some reliability issues in the beginning, imagine that.

The company has provided new parts and service to those with early pistol that had problems, imagine that a company standing behind what they sell.

Some people are just impatient and wouldn't be happy with anything. Right now I know of about a half dozen some that had early pistol with problem and some with later pistols that haven't had any problems, all are happy with them now.
An excellent summary Richard. Perhaps it will put an end to the MG2 'discussion', but I doubt it.
I had a chance to hold an MG2 for the first time last month. It certainly is a very different looking pistol, but it felt good in my hand. The owner loves it!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Amen.
julioalperi

MG2

Post by julioalperi »

Funny. I have owned only 6 of the best standard pistols ever made (Walther GSP included) and my MG2 gets the first place as the best of them all.
Julio
MG2-owner

Post by MG2-owner »

Richard H wrote: Right now I know of about a half dozen some that had early pistol with problem and some with later pistols that haven't had any problems, all are happy with them now.
Trange thatt is, Richard.
The MG2 have received some 8 votes for "worst gun". To be able to vote, you have to be registered, right?

So how come "they are all happy with them now". You are clearly contradicting yourself.

Keep in mind the very limited number of MG2 pistols ever sold. The MG2 is not doing very well in the statistics.
And it has, hitherto, not achieved much worth writing home about, in any major competition.

I has been stated earlier: If the MG2 takes any gold medal in any major tournament, including ANY open class nationals, from 2009 to 2011 , I am willing to, in public, to eat my well used long rubber wading boots. Less mustard and vegetables.
And I may be willing to extend that to another three year period. If MG does not improve the construction of the MG2 to cure the reliability problems.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

MG2-owner wrote:If the MG2 takes any gold medal in any major tournament, including ANY open class nationals, from 2009 to 2011 , I am willing to, in public, to eat my well used long rubber wading boots. Less mustard and vegetables.
That's a really brave offer, from someone who remains anonymous.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

MG2-owner wrote:
Richard H wrote: Right now I know of about a half dozen some that had early pistol with problem and some with later pistols that haven't had any problems, all are happy with them now.
Trange thatt is, Richard.
The MG2 have received some 8 votes for "worst gun". To be able to vote, you have to be registered, right?

So how come "they are all happy with them now". You are clearly contradicting yourself.

Keep in mind the very limited number of MG2 pistols ever sold. The MG2 is not doing very well in the statistics.
And it has, hitherto, not achieved much worth writing home about, in any major competition.

I has been stated earlier: If the MG2 takes any gold medal in any major tournament, including ANY open class nationals, from 2009 to 2011 , I am willing to, in public, to eat my well used long rubber wading boots. Less mustard and vegetables.
And I may be willing to extend that to another three year period. If MG does not improve the construction of the MG2 to cure the reliability problems.
Not sure what the contradiction is, it might just have something to do with your english skills "Trange thatt, is" what ever that means.

The comment is clear, those that had problems are happy, now that they got support from the factory and their pistols work, so they are happy. The ones that had pistols that never had any problems are happy, thus all 6 are happy now. I hope that helps.
jipe

Post by jipe »

MG2-owner wrote: I has been stated earlier: If the MG2 takes any gold medal in any major tournament, including ANY open class nationals, from 2009 to 2011 , I am willing to, in public, to eat my well used long rubber wading boots. Less mustard and vegetables.
Pretty dangerous statement knowing that MG2 already won silver in World Cup: Maura Genovesi at Rio de Janeiro WC 2008
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

And Thibault Sauvage won the University World Champs last year, with a new championship record...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Mmmmm nothing better than the taste of sweaty old rubber wading boots.
julioalperi

To MG2 owner

Post by julioalperi »

To MG2 owner:

2008 Spain´s national rapid fire championship:
Winner: Jorge LLames
Pistol: MG2 RF mechanical trigger

2008 Spain´s Standard Pistol National Championship:
Winner: Pablo Garcia
Pistol: MG2 RF electronic trigger

2008 Region of Asturias (where I live) annual championship:
Both first and second places were for two MG2.
First place : MG2 RF Mechanical trigger
Second place: MG2 RF Mechanical trigger

Regards
julioalperi

Walther SSP????????

Post by julioalperi »

I miss the Walther SSP in that list.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Australian rapid fire champion 2008 Matchgun RF.....2009 ?
F. Yewmans

Post by F. Yewmans »

I think we need to start a thread entitled worlds worst waders. We could compare various waders in areas such as texture, odor, tread pattern, and it looks like we will soon have an expert in taste and tenderness!

Bottom line- buy a pistol that you like, shoot the piss outta 'er, and enjoy it. If you don't like it, find another and repeat as necessary.

F. Yewmans
higginsdj

Post by higginsdj »

I saw a MatchGun (MG2) at the ACT championships last weekend - it appeared to perform flawlessly in all disciplines (and it is still an impressive looking piece).

At the same event a Morini CM22 Rapid misfired as did a FAS602/Domino hybrid.

So based on my experience I would have to say the worst gun is a FAS and the next worse is a Morini.....

Given the varied level of experience and exposure different people have (and the fact that I have next to no experience at all) I think it makes the poll results a little 'random' for the want of a better term.

Cheers

David
F. Heinrich

Post by F. Heinrich »

higginsdj wrote:I saw a MatchGun (MG2) at the ACT championships last weekend - it appeared to perform flawlessly in all disciplines (and it is still an impressive looking piece).
I believe most guns at the ACT performed flawlessly? I agree with you that your observeration of a flawless MG2 is worth commenting. That is unusual.
higginsdj wrote:At the same event a Morini CM22 Rapid misfired as did a FAS602/Domino hybrid.
The Domino dates back to ca 1980 (as does the hybrid, then), which is more than the 25 year overwiev time span for "worst gun". If the polls timespan was extended backwards 10 more years, the Domino would have been a hot candidate for "worst gun", IMHO.
The CM 22, with recoil buffer is adjusted properly, is usually reliable.
higginsdj wrote:So based on my experience I would have to say the worst gun is a FAS and the next worse is a Morini.....

Your experience is based on observation ov a mere three guns. The poll includes 34 entries....
May I state your base for judgement is limited?
higginsdj wrote:Given the varied level of experience and exposure different people have (and the fact that I have next to no experience at all) I think it makes the poll results a little 'random' for the want of a better term.
No. 34 entries give a better base for evaluation than your once upon a time observation av three guns only.
higginsdj wrote:
Cheers

David
F. Heinrich

Post by F. Heinrich »

higginsdj wrote:I saw a MatchGun (MG2) at the ACT championships last weekend - it appeared to perform flawlessly in all disciplines (and it is still an impressive looking piece).
I believe most guns at the ACT performed flawlessly? I agree with you that your observeration of a flawless MG2 is worth commenting. That is unusual.
higginsdj wrote:At the same event a Morini CM22 Rapid misfired as did a FAS602/Domino hybrid.
The Domino dates back to ca 1980 (as does the hybrid, then), which is more than the 25 year overwiev time span for "worst gun". If the polls timespan was extended backwards 10 more years, the Domino would have been a hot candidate for "worst gun", IMHO.
The CM 22, with recoil buffer adjusted properly, is usually reliable.
higginsdj wrote:So based on my experience I would have to say the worst gun is a FAS and the next worse is a Morini.....

Your experience is based on observation ov a mere three guns. The poll includes 34 entries....
May I state your base for judgement is limited?
higginsdj wrote:Given the varied level of experience and exposure different people have (and the fact that I have next to no experience at all) I think it makes the poll results a little 'random' for the want of a better term.
No. 34 entries give a better base for evaluation than your once upon a time observation av three guns only.
higginsdj wrote:
Cheers

David
May I ask moderator to erase my former post, due to the quote errors?