Average 10M air pistol Scores

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tleddy

9.xxx

Post by tleddy »

GOT IT!!!

I have just returned to shootig after a 25 year lay-off and since I am only a few years older :-) it is a struggle to get back in form.

So much has changed - the RF pitol is now 22 LR and the targets are politically correct round bullseyes...at least the times are the same. On the other hand the new (to me) red/green light systems are downright wierd!!

I now have to use a diopter correction with an iris so I can see my sights clearly and the gun moves a LOT more than I remember...as a result I am shooting 540 to 545 in practice and am a little disappointed. I still have high expectations despite my having a Medicare card and collecting Social Security.

That said, my 9's are loosey with a pair of 10's per target and the usual (ouch) 8 per target. I suppose you could say 9.01 a lot of the time.

Thanks for the explanation and I wish you lots of 10.++

Tillman in Florida
_Axel_

Post by _Axel_ »

Mellberg wrote:I would say 11.5mm + 4.5mm + 4.5mm = 20,5mm across. If you shoot a 10.0 high and a 10.0 low it will have 11.5mm apart. Add the caliber in both directions.

I think I understand what you mean. You talk about the absolute center of two holes because the center of the hole is basicly where you aimed at.... But I don't. :) I think of the whole area.
The goal is to have one part of the hole touch the 10 ring, the center of the hole must then be 8mm or closer from the center, rigth?
Aged airpistolero.

See your point, Asel

Post by Aged airpistolero. »

Yes, you are right, Axel, when you are considering the CENTER of the pellet.
But well, then imagine firing at emty plasics bottles with .45 wadcutters. Then, a bullet just tuching the bottle with its perimeter will tumble the bottle over, and make a "score".
Then we return to the 10 m AP-target: A pellet just "tangenting" the x-ring with its perimeter will score a ten.
Both views are kind of right, cause one does not aim the perimeter of the bullet in mind. I am not that clever.
2650 Plus

exercises to hold the pistol stiller

Post by 2650 Plus »

I would like to suggest avoiding weights and just hold the pistol in firing position for as long as you can stand the monoteny. Do. as many reps as you can stand Rest between.the holding drills.and .then do them some more. Good Shooting Bill Horton