practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Post by Russ »

Greg Derr wrote:Have you tried Iran or North Korea? You may fit right in.
Positive thinking does not have tremendous impact on you for some reason. :(
Russ

Post by Russ »

Is your initial intention to "bug" those nations by providing wrong ideas? :)
Last edited by Russ on Sat May 05, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:
I'm losing count, is that 5, or 6 times you've quoted to the same post by Greg, and in none of them said anything useful about 10 metre AP practice...
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard wrote:
Russ wrote:
I'm losing count, is that 5, or 6 times you've quoted to the same post by Greg, and in none of them said anything useful about 10 metre AP practice...
I just like the idea. Are you spiritual leader of this movement?
Creative thinking and everything...;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard wrote:
Russ wrote:
Nice team! As well all of yours contributions!
Buy guys! Have fun!
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Its at this point a moderator really should step in and lock this thread as all that is happening is people are going round in circles. This thread is so far off topic it holds virtually nothing of any value anymore.

This will be my last post in this thread.

@Russ

You ask why my post count is so low.

168 hours in a week

56 hours sleep = 112 hours left.

50 earning a living = 62 hours left

40 hours training = 22 hours left

This is just a guide but I ALWAYS GET 35 hours training minimum in a week.

I have two young children(11yrs and 2yrs respectively) and a wife why would i waste 22 hours battling/arguing/advising/consulting/coaching/instructing/selling on a forum.

I am indeed wise, 22ish posts = time spent, training, working, loving my life being happy achieving MY plan to represent my country.

What have you achieved posting 820+ times? Or should i say what have you lost?

Go Figure
Russ

Post by Russ »

@remmy223
since 2005. it is about 8 years by 12 months by 365 days it ia about 35,040 days total & only 820 posts
What the point? I posted each 42's day. Is it too much or it is not enough?

check this performance:Gerard
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:@remmy223
since 2005. it is about 8 years by 12 months by 365 days it ia about 35,040 days total & only 820 posts
What the point? I posted each 42's day. Is it too much or it is not enough?

check this performance:Gerard
Perhaps we should have a collection and get Russ a calculator. 8 x 12 x 365 does indeed = 35,040, but the number of days since he joined is 8 years x 365 days = 2,920, and subtracting another couple of months for the July joining date gives us closer to 2,850 or so ... on second thought, we should chip in and buy him some nightschool remedial math lessons. Math comes in handy when adding up target scores.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard, did you check your scores correctly. Try to calculate hours, whiz kid.
Did you win this game? :)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:Gerard, did you check your scores correctly. Try to calculate hours, whiz kid.
Did you win this game? :)
Whiz kid? Reminds me of this old guy who kept calling me 'rocket scientist' in a very sarcastic way, when I'd brought an orbital sander to his electric motor shop and asked him if he had any graphite brushes to fit it, as it was an older model and none of the chain stores had matching parts. "So what are you, a rocket scientist? Think you can just fix it yourself, ROCKET SCIENTIST?" He's long dead now. The orbital sander isn't, as I found some brushes at another shop and overhauled the bearings and otherwise restored this much-abused tool (given to me by a native carver with whom I shared a workshop) so it was purring like a kitten. I passed it along to a sculptor friend about 15 years ago.

This 'whiz kid' says you've posted an average of once every 3.5 days since joining, compared to my once every 1.4 days. I post a little over 2 times as frequently as you do. Doing the math on the content of such postings is trickier, and really something to be left to other readers and contributors here. What say y'all, have I tried to make my posts useful? Have my questions about target shooting and related training been of a decent standard, worth answering or considering?

What about Russ' contributions here, in the forum, on the same points. I'm not talking about his potential value as a consultant, something he reminds us of every day lately and for years every few days, but his actual constructive, thoughtful, meaningful contributions to the sport of Olympic Pistol in this TT forum.

Now back to some practice; I'm trying out the 28mm longer sight I made for the front of my Pardini yesterday (picture shown in the thread on that topic elsewhere here, regarding the longer front sights used by the Koreans at the recent London match), and so far it seems to make for a somewhat more secure sight picture, but it'll take me some days of trying it to be sure...
Russ

Post by Russ »

"reminds us"
Only two of "us" Gerard and Greg. Nice team!
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Gerard, keep us posted on the new sight radius results. Good luck.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I certainly will, but want to give it a proper trial before coming to any conclusions. Just figured it was of sufficient interest in that other thread that at least someone ought to test it.
David N

Post by David N »

Gerard wrote: Perhaps we should have a collection and get Russ a calculator. 8 x 12 x 365 does indeed = 35,040, but the number of days since he joined is 8 years x 365 days = 2,920,.
NO it is not! 19 Jul 2005 to 05 May 2012 is not even 7 years! Unless fewer than 6 months in both 2005 and 2012 are counted as whole years which seems meaningless to me when calculating days. So we have to conclude that Gerard has accidentally accepted Russ' number 8 years! Oh dear...

Sorry! Just could not resist!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

David N wrote:So we have to conclude that Gerard has accidentally accepted Russ' number 8 years! Oh dear...

I am so busted! That's what I did, sad but true. Chalk it up to my stubbornly trusting nature, which I suppose is responsible for persisting in thinking there might be hope for a person like Russ.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard wrote:
David N wrote:So we have to conclude that Gerard has accidentally accepted Russ' number 8 years! Oh dear...

I am so busted! That's what I did, sad but true. Chalk it up to my stubbornly trusting nature, which I suppose is responsible for persisting in thinking there might be hope for a person like Russ.
At this point we are talking about trust. Thank you Gerard to state this important position of our discussion.
John Robinson, who made his personal record of 572 in two and a half month after taking my class, start competing and achieved level of #42 by USAS National Ranking. You acknowledged that you are using him as a source of important information.
Let me remind you where this important information coming from:
Attachments
MWATS.jpg
v76

Post by v76 »

Wow... Lock this thread already, someone? Puuuhhlease?
Russ

Beating a dead horse

Post by Russ »

"Beating a dead horse".

I’m finalist of Canadian Airgun Grand Prix 2007 (Gold and silver medals).
Finalist of USAS Rifle and Pistol National championship (2007)
Air pistol Fifth place
Free pistol seventh place.
2005, 2006, 2007 NE Region USAS Champion.

Class AA by USAS shooting classification.

At this point you are questioning official records and achievements all athletes who participated in those events and respect the hard work to make it happened.
It is no point to beat dad horse.
No one knows who you are no competitive records, only promises, dear Gerard.
http://midwestacademyconsulting.wordpre ... ification/
Gerard

Re: Beating a dead horse

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:"Beating a dead horse".
Yes Russ, you are. The dead horse being your failed marketing of your consulting business, marketing in a public forum, without paying for your ad space, though you post a new ad for your services at least once per day lately.
Russ wrote:I’m finalist of Canadian Airgun Grand Prix 2007 (Gold and silver medals).
Finalist of USAS Rifle and Pistol National championship (2007)
Air pistol Fifth place
Free pistol seventh place.
2005, 2006, 2007 NE Region USAS Champion.

Class AA by USAS shooting classification.
Whoop de friggin' do. Seriously Russ, you're bragging about your old results here? And your point is?
Russ wrote: At this point you are questioning official records and achievements all athletes who participated in those events and respect the hard work to make it happened.
??? I'm questioning official records? Talking to yourself again Russ?
Russ wrote: It is no point to beat dad horse.
No, one should not beat a dad horse. It's mean. They're dads. They have young foals to look after. In fact, don't beat any horses. It's just not nice.
Russ wrote:No one knows who you are no competitive records, only promises, dear Gerard.
"Dear" Gerard now? You missed me Russ? Must be. I think you missed me when I didn't post anything here for a day, started begging me to come back and argue with you again. I'm here now. Happy?

Regarding V76's request to lock this thread; good luck with that. There hasn't been even the appearance of moderation in these forums for a while it seems. Russ is free to generate attention for his business with his routine free ads, to bash whoever he likes, however he likes. My guess is that activity is considered to be better than no activity as far as Pilkguns is concerned so they just let it ride. Brings more ad views for the forum.

A forum is a place for the exchange of ideas, where people share information, where people as questions and others answer them. And it's a place spammers love... especially when moderators don't bother to maintain content. Example:
Russ

Post by Russ »

"A forum is a place for the exchange of ideas, where people share information, where people as questions and others answer them. And it's a place spammers love... especially when moderators don't bother to maintain content."

"Exchange of ideas" must have a certain goal to achieve certain point of performance.
Your approach is not effective model.
Do I have a ground to share my point of view on TT?

Gerard, if you are not agreeing with me, prove it by your own official records. There is no point for you argue with me.