Reliability of Pardini Sp and Match Guns MG4

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Shiloh

Re: Reliability of Pardini Sp and Match Guns MG4

Post by Shiloh »

conradin wrote:
Shiloh wrote: Parts for both are easily available if needed. Stefano is equally responsive. He accepts PayPal for payment and parts are sent via Italian Priority Post (3 to 4 days to the East Coast).

There are a great many posts on the MG-2. Seems to be very polarized either way based either upon experience or what has been read.
I am still waiting for a SPRING from Stefano, and now it has been four weeks. You live in the east coast and I live in the west. Something is wrong or is that normal?
The person who had the MG4 I posted, waited for 8 weeks for it to arrive to Australia.

Don't have a clue of what is going on with your order. I wonder if the spring that you ordered is manufactured by another source, none are currently in the MatchGuns inventory, and MatchGuns is waiting for the part to arrive to send on to you. That is only a guess.

I have found Italian Priority Post to be very quick and about a day or 2 slower than USPS Priority Mail. I live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Some may argue that precious little of value goes out of this area, but mail service is as advertised by the Post Office.

I am retired Navy and was stationed in Southern Italy twice for a total of 5 years. I also made dozens of port calls while aboard ships to various Italian ports. My experience with their mail service then was good, but nothing that the Italians did was anywhere close to what they could accomplish in the kitchen. We don't miss Italy but we sure miss the food.

Have no idea regarding the Australian deal either. That could be a postal thing or a customs issue or who knows what.

I would send Stefano an email asking about the spring and if he can provide an estimate of when it will be sent or, if it has been sent, information regarding that.

Will answer your other questions by pm rather than here. I will have to see if I can provide good measurements and info.
conradin

Re: Reliability of Pardini Sp and Match Guns MG4

Post by conradin »

Thank you. I spent some time in Italy during college so I have some idea about the postal speed in Italy, used to write to friends in Italy (snail mail) often, also I am familiar with the south. But unless there is a postal strike, otherwise it is hard to imagine anything takes longer than 3 weeks to reach the west coast of the USA.