jong oh jin

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Re: jong oh jin

Post by therider »

mctrucky wrote:They are the same gun with different paint jobs and different cylinders. The Titanium did have a titanium striker, but that proved unreliable and was withdrawn and sold guns downgraded back to standard. Limited edition is just marketing speak.

McT
I know that there were problems at the beginning with titanium. One of the Olympic shooters in my club at the beginning had lots of problems and went back to the old springs. I don't know if he also removed the titanium stricken.
However the current titanium is much more silent than the black and I think it recoils less.
Are you sure that there is no difference presently between titanium a s black other than the colour??
flolo

Post by flolo »

[quote="mctrucky"]They are the same gun with different paint jobs and different cylinders. The Titanium did have a titanium striker, but that proved unreliable and was withdrawn and sold guns downgraded back to standard. Limited edition is just marketing speak.

McT[/quote]

Not true!

They do a titanium/ steel composite now.
Attachments
image.jpg
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

BEA wrote:The Morini company has tried to make this model a player again by changing the color and/or coming out with a titanium striker, but to no avail. So, how better to promote it than to "acquire" the interest of the best precision shooter in the world. It will be interesting to see if his scores change any, and my guess is they will not.
He used it to set a new finals World Record on his way to winning the Changwon World Cup.

Maybe it's not that bad a gun.
conradin

Post by conradin »

David Levene wrote:
BEA wrote:The Morini company has tried to make this model a player again by changing the color and/or coming out with a titanium striker, but to no avail. So, how better to promote it than to "acquire" the interest of the best precision shooter in the world. It will be interesting to see if his scores change any, and my guess is they will not.
He used it to set a new finals World Record on his way to winning the Changwon World Cup.

Quick, everyone sells the Steyr and buy the Morini!! :)
j-team

Post by j-team »

conradin wrote: Quick, everyone sells the Steyr and buy the Morini!! :)
Why, he couldn't even break 590 with that useless lump of Morini!
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

David Levene wrote:

Oldie, but a goodie!

Except for the rear sight, that kind of blows. Wtb: knurling tools and/or Walther screwdriver.

A Morini with a Steyr rear sight could be a fun project.
j-team wrote:Why, he couldn't even break 590 with that useless lump of Morini!
Guess what I have got on the slow boat* from Switzerland! (Ordered it last month... Not a SIG 210/P49, sadly.)

*Land locked country - could take some time.
Image Image
therider

Post by therider »

SamEEE,
you prompt me to start a new post!

Any way, even if it is an Oldie, so far I have not tried another pistol which sits in the hand so nicely as the 162EI.
Front sight is in the middle of rear sight even if I try to move it away! And my hand does not shake at all... Don't know on what it depends..... I am going to get its grip copied for my MGH1! :-)
j-team

Post by j-team »

SamEEE wrote: Guess what I have got on the slow boat* from Switzerland! (Ordered it last month... Not a SIG 210/P49, sadly.)

*Land locked country - could take some time.
Well, I hope it's not one of those shiny poser versions that you club mate got...

And, good news is that the Rhine starts in Switzerland, so the slow boat (a small one) can navigate all the way to the open sea...
pgmlml

Post by pgmlml »

jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Get a Walther LP400 instead.
flolo

Post by flolo »

[quote][A Morini with a Steyr rear sight could be a fun project./quote]

you could easily make an adapter like on the 162short and fit the pardini k12 rear sight instead! maybe even modifying the existing adapter could work by removing some material and drilling 2 holes. to me even better than Steyr as there is no need for a rail to fit the sight on.

take a look:

http://www.pardini.it/manuali/esploso-m ... %20K12.pdf