I did somthing silly the other day.... up date

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Re: I did somthing silly the other day.... Crono and grip

Post by therider »

Djandgo,

that is exactly my feeling when I lift a 162ei! Everything perfectly in line. Still i do not understand why!

I changed the front sight of my MGH1 from 4.5 to 5, because I thought that it could improve. It didnt'. I get that nice feeling with the 5mm front sight only when I have a 162ei in my hand. Why????? No other pistol gives me that feeling.

However a good shot with 162ei and you get a small upward flip of the muzzle.
A good shot with MGH1 and it becomes still as if there is an adsorber.... great feeling! and the diabolo is out at 172m/s...and you feel them!
97nick

Re: I did somthing silly the other day.... up date

Post by 97nick »

I cronoed the pistol and after winding down the power it now does 482 fps or 3.61 foot pounds.
much better to shoot, now very little recoil from the shot and very pleasant to use.
I took off some of the filler on the lower part of the grip, and my hand fits better now, also I have taken off more of the wood in various places.

the grip is too small for me so I will buy a bigger one when money permits, and I will start saving for a LP400 carbon or a Styer LP10. by next Christmas I might be able to buy one! (which one should I get?!)

shot the postal comp last night and scored 553, my personal best yet, by one point
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

since we are chatting. my old lp10m with cm grips were comfortable but i never got along. it was punishing. i got a rink grip for the lp10 but no good feelings.
then come to my door an old cm162e with 15v bat and old style morini grip where the part over the hand was u shaped. the grip had curves but i would describe them as flowing. it is a very good grip and fits my hand good. one aspect that made the grip better than the lp10 was the slot for the grip was more narrow in the 162 and despite the electronics in the grip the fit was better. lp10 was way too bulky in that area for my hands due to the space needed for the grip adjustments and the lever.
my best result at a match is with 162 but sights were never aligned properly so i got a second grip to play. it had an almost flat part over the hand. no better luck since 162 has no grip adjustments so i got a mg-1e. despite looking so different they share many commons. same axis same point of barrel grub screws, air tank is almost in the same place. major differences are longer sight radius for the mg1e, electronics out of the grip and most important a grip that is much more curved with lots of ridges and the part over the hand extends way way back. slot of the grip at the back is narrow and widens at the front where the screw for left right adjustment of the grip is. for me its a good compromise. plus there always mr rink who makes grips for all this guns and you can visit his shop.
97nick

Post by 97nick »

its funny how some grips just seem to be better than others..
I would like a Rink for mine but not sure I want to spend any more money on the pistol. I think I can get a Walther grip for about £60.00 if I shop around; I always struggle with grips as my hand is very big, but my fingers are short, so a grip that fits my palm is to big for my trigger finger!
I spend a lot of time cutting and shaping to try to get it right, that's why I like plywood grips, dont know if I could bring myself to do that to walnut!
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Ths will probably get me lots of "Boos!!," but in my personal opinion, the fit and the usability far outway the looks. My grips can probably attest to that. Anyway, I once made a set of grips from soft pine, that worked fine for the gun I was then using. You could probably work with just about any soft wood and then coat it with an Epoxy. I like to add sand to the mix and you can even add a color, if you like. There is also another option, once you get your grip figured out in soft wood. There are stock duplicators that could take soft wood templates and cut a hardwood match. I'm not sure how difficult or expensive that might be, but the web could probably find someone in the stock business that has a duplicator.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Don't forget to mention how well the Wall Mart Blue Repair Epoxy works. 10 minutes to hard and readily sandable...
gn303

Re: I did somthing silly the other day....

Post by gn303 »

Gwhite wrote:A firmer grip may help, but only if it is consistent. You may find it easier to be consistent at some level less than a death grip. Less tiring too...
I would add a constant grip will help!

Guy
Pheyden

Re: I did somthing silly the other day.... Crono and grip

Post by Pheyden »

therider wrote:Django,
Do you have an explaination for that?
I have shot a few times with morini 162 ei, and I too find that it is incredibly easy to aim. I have been watching the grip for hours , but I don't understand the reason for that.

With Steyr lp10e I have more problems.

However, at variance with your experience I get the deepest 10 with my new MGH1, which recoils a bit, but only if you make mistakes.
I have been struggling for months and, as Mctrucky writes, I too discovered it was trigger error.

Whilst Steyrp hides my errors, MGH1 punishes me severely. However thanks to that my trigger pull is improving a lot. The better I shoot the stiller it becomes. If I hold confidently and I make the front sight "travel back along the bore until it hits my eye", than I do not need to watch the computer....it's simply 10.9.
A small error and it is a 7. Steyr would give me a 8.

The more I shoot it, the more I love it. I am still struggling with the grip.... I would like a Morini kind of feel in my hand.

May be I will go to Cesare again and beg him to make a Morini grip to my MGH1!!!! :-)
Django, Cesare was kind enough to do my MGH1 grip, as well as the grip on my wife's LP1P. No problems. Took about 4-5 hours.
conradin

Post by conradin »

97nick wrote:I have a Walther LP 300 that I am getting on well with, and improving with. (last postal score was 552)

I was shooting last night and asked my mate next to me if I could have a shot with his Styer. humph. it didn't recoil at all! my Walther kicks quite a bit. is this normal for the LP 300? is there anything I can do? I cant afford to change pistol so I am going to have to live with it.
I have played around with taking the foam pad out under the barrel (never liked that anyway) and also taping up the port under the absorber at the front. this helps a bit.
Does the LP 300 have the magnetic recoil absorber or is that just in the 400? any help would be appreciated thanks
Yes, there is a difference, but the recoil matters little...you just have to work on it. I switched my first pistol (LP300) to my second (LP10) and instantly improved, but it has nothing to do with recoil, the LP300 just does not fit me in all aspects, grips, weight distribution, sights, everything. Better off just listen to Rover and work on your grip.
therider

Post by therider »

Recoil matters 0.0!
And as a matter of fact I shoot much better with pistols without recoil absorber such as MGH1 or 162ei. Actually I think the flip of the muzzle helps highlighting mistakes.
Deigeh Nisht

Post by Deigeh Nisht »

Recoil! It doesn't matter to me. I already know where the bullet hits before it hits the target.