LP50 question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RobinC

LP50e

Post by RobinC »

I have had my LP50E compact basically since they were available, the trigger "problem" is/was primarily one of trigger technique, dependinding on if you held weight on after a shot it could be doubled but only rarely, the trigger is so good there is a tempation to mentaly think fully auto and not correctly release pressure, when I corrected my technique it never happened again ever. As many shooters could not understand what they were doing Steyr got blamed, maybe some were faulty, I suspect most were trigger technique and the foible of the electronics reseting.
When the ISSF dropped the five shot event (which I believe is now partialy reinstated?) the market for them was left as mostly only in the UK where we are not trusted with .22rf pistols.
My LP50E is a great pistol with a great trigger, now rare, I'll never sell mine.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

There is one in Denmark for sale...

http://www.karlslundesport.dk/default.a ... u&Item=123
John C

Post by John C »

I have no experience with the Steyr LP50, but I own a FWB C55. The FWB trigger is excellent, and easily adjustable from one stage to two. Have you considered the FWB P58?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

You must be to only guy on this planet happy with this C55 trigger. And the P58 is so big, it handles like a door in the wind. Try shooting RFP with that, it will certainly be good for your lateral abdominal muscles.
Peter E

Post by Peter E »

Very happy with my LP50. I have at least 3,500 pellets through her and she has not missed a beat.

First shot was a 10, if only a few more of next 3,499 had been! A couple of photos at my web page below.

All the best from downunder. Peter E

http://walterwombat.com/?page_id=88
sillymike

Re: LP50 question

Post by sillymike »

fasride wrote: One last thing, how does the LP50 compare to other high end PCP pistols that are not semi-auto, as far as quietness? Does the fact that it is re-cocking itself, add much noise as it shoots? Since I shoot inside my home, keeping a low noise level is important.
While we haven't scientifically measured it... When shooting inside the house, my LP50 seems quieter than the wife FWB P34...
mark e

Post by mark e »

My LP 10 E also seems quieter than my P34
FLY

LP50

Post by FLY »

has anyone considered making a 6 shot magazine for the LP, and will it work. We shoot some matches that require 6 shots and would like to bring out the Steyr?
I have asked the factory but I have not got an accurate answer. My plan was to EDM a magazine.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I think you will run into an issue that the internal spring that you load against is too short.
RobStubbs

Re: LP50

Post by RobStubbs »

FLY wrote:has anyone considered making a 6 shot magazine for the LP, and will it work. We shoot some matches that require 6 shots and would like to bring out the Steyr?
I have asked the factory but I have not got an accurate answer. My plan was to EDM a magazine.
In the UK we have an expert gunsmith/importer for Steyr who was instrumental in many of the 'factory' modifications of the Steyr air pistols. He may well be able to do something to get a 6-shot mag to work. May not be much use to folks not in the UK though.

It would seem to me though, that making a longer magazine would work, i.e. effectively add on the end an extra pellet port and bits that make the magazine advance by a position.

Rob.
RobinC

Re: Discontinued?

Post by RobinC »

j-team wrote:
Zeddsded wrote:I've got a new LP10E and it does sometimes follow up the shot with a second trigger click, but as it's a single shot pistol this doesn't cause any problems.
I've had my LP10e for a few months now and have had a couple of "double" shots. Each time it happened was when I executed poor trigger technique. By having a little "stab" at the trigger right at the 500gram pressure, . If you do it right it does not double, it is not possible unless you release and then re-apply pressure.
The alledged trigger fault on the LP50e was the same cause, poor technique, mine did occasionaly when I first got it, after being coached it never happened again, it was operator error. They were discontinued due to lack of demand. Great pistol but now rare.