STP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
piotr

European Cup 25 m

Post by piotr »

Based on the new rules for 2014 the European Cup 25 m is both men and women event. The information is available on the European Shooting Confederatrion web-page http://www.esc-shooting.org/u/documents ... m_2014.pdf
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

I´m back. Even though Piotr beat me to it. Thank you.
conradin

Post by conradin »

So this is a mix event now? I wonder what happened if top three are all women and the fourth is a man who breaks the "world record".
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:So this is a mix event now?
Not under ISSF rules.

Any match organiser, other than for an ISSF Championship, is free to make any event mixed.
Rover

Post by Rover »

That's why Brenda (Shinn) Silva hangs around Phoenix kicking our butts.

Isabel1130 was shooting FP next to me on Wed. and I saw at least one sweet target.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Here we have Liz D. kicking our butt, plus usually finishing the match faster than anyone.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

How do you finish a Standard Pistol match faster than anyone? By shooting the last 10 second series in 8 seconds?
conradin

Post by conradin »

shaky hands wrote:How do you finish a Standard Pistol match faster than anyone? By shooting the last 10 second series in 8 seconds?
Sorry, I mean when she shot AP.
conradin

Post by conradin »

My original concern is how much time is given in between series, and in between the strings, etc. If everyone has to load at the same , does the judge give everyone plenty of time to do so? Also, for example, after a 120 seconds string, does the judge give extra time in his or her own discretion for the next load?
renzo

Post by renzo »

Conradin, after each series the targets are scored.

Even if you happen to shoot in a SIUS equipped range, believe me, you have plenty of time to reload.

Maybe - and please don't take me wrong - you'll save yourself a lot of unnecesary trouble if you wait until shooting a couple of matches before worrying about matters that don't really have any importance.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Conradin, It is 150 seconds, not 120. After any series there must be a pause of at least one minute before the next "load" command is given (and another minute after that before the next command, "attention"). Remember that even the charging of the magazines is not allowed before the "load" command, so shooters get a full minute just to check the targets and to mentally prepare themselves for the next series. This is if no interruptions and irregularities occur. If they do, then there are other procedures in place.

Renzo, no, targets are normally not scored after each series, which always consist of 5 shots. The targets in most matches are scored/replaced after 2 series (10 shots per targets). The exception is the very first, sighter, series, after which the targets are replaced too.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Thank you Renzo and shaky hands. Those are the questions I am concerned with. Because I want to know if the shooters have any
rest break". In AP or FP you essentially proceed without much stopping. But if you have an electronic target, you basically can shoot 30, take a break for 30 minutes, then shoot the rest.

I find my latest weakness in shooting is that, despite working on slow fire events, I frequently find out I run out of time. 2 minutes seem a lot for a shot, but it is not. Unless you of course you take the Rover Bloody Mary method, then time is not a matter at all.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Conradin, in Standard pistol you indeed have to shoot when it is time to do so, not when you are ready like in AP or FP. The moment of shooting is chosen for you (less so in 150 second series, may be, but not significantly). This is simply part of the game you have to get used to. Having said that, physically a StP match is easier than either one of the precision disciplines. The match takes about an hour to complete, and the breaks between the series (on most ranges that includes walking to the targets to score them and replace) are quite plentiful, so you don't need a "rest break" at all. Mentally, it is quite different though. If you have a sudden attack of a "chicken finger", anxiety, self-doubt, or if you want to do some soul-searching, you have to get hold of yourself very quickly. The match passes by a lot quicker than you are used to in precision shooting. That's what makes Standard pistol a truly different discipline. And fun too. So don't worry about all these things, just go out there and shoot.