Walther LP400 maintenance guides?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Post by therider »

Pablo,
I have tried the LP400 for a couple of weeks. The cylinder was loosing air. I left it charged, and after a few days it lost most of the pressure.
I love the feeling of the gun in the hand, i love the weight distribution, I love the recoil absorber, but the trigger is the worst I have tried.

If you go for Steyr, I would not advice you to take the Lp10e, which I have. The electronic in the grip does not allow you to personalize the grip to the need of any hand. So if you have a slim hand with long fingers like mine DO NOT BUY it.
Also, every adjustment requires removing the electronics. I thought it would be ok, but it isn't and after a bit you prefer not to adjust just for the sake of not removing the electronics.
The electronic trigger is made of plastic. So when you reach the end of the first stage you don't get that nice feeling of metal touching metal and if you set the release force at minimum, as I have, it is easy to shoot early or to bee too cautious in moving the finger.
On Monday I have tried the Pardini K 12. Even with a very low second stage force, you get the "warning " of metal against metal " that you have reached end of stage one.

Finally, my trigger after just about 2500 shots, is giving me troubles. If I try to increase the force of the first stage, I have to pull the trigger twice to release air (the electronic click goes every time, though) . I try to take it back and still does not work properly. I play up and down, and then magically after a while it starts shooting again every single trigger release.