DO U NEED A SPARE 10M PISTOL

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Gerard

Post by Gerard »

An air pistol is such an individualized thing, I don't notice other people's pistols at the club most of the time, and certainly not during competitions. My own pistols fit me. Every modern PCP shoots about as accurately as every other, and most if the good old CO2 and SSP pistols shoot about the same. Why worry about pistols which don't fit me, and which are unlikely to shoot better?
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

To the OP of this thread;

No, you do not need a backup.
Because you will take care of your pistol and treat it as a part of yourself as it is.

Clarence
D.R. badge #99
conradin

Post by conradin »

C. Perkins wrote:To the OP of this thread;

Because you will take care of your pistol and treat it as a part of yourself as it is.

Clarence
Bring basic tools, extra cylinders, O rings and seals., Make sure you test it the night before, clean it, etc. Fill up the cylinder if possible because you don't want to count on others' scuba tank.

My misses happen to have the "same" pistol as mine is (hers the last of batch of LP1, mine is the first of LP10) so it is easy to switch part.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

conradin wrote:
C. Perkins wrote:To the OP of this thread;

Clarence
Bring basic tools, extra cylinders, O rings and seals., Make sure you test it the night before, clean it, etc. Fill up the cylinder if possible because you don't want to count on others' scuba tank.

My misses happen to have the "same" pistol as mine is (hers the last of batch of LP1, mine is the first of LP10) so it is easy to switch part.
Agreed take the spare parts and know how to fit them. Don't clean it though unless you normally clean your gun after every session. If you want to give it a clean, do so a few weeks before the shoot and then shoot it a few times to make sure it's settled back in and all working properly.

Rob.