MG2-E or SSP-E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ruig

Post by ruig »

Neon21 wrote:My personal conclusion of this thread until now: Not many differences so I will choose after I shot them both.
I would buy used pistol in good condition from retired sport shooter... or egun. Important : modern used pistol. New pistols - waste of money IMHO.
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

unfortunately used newer pistols are very rare..
Especially the E-Versions and the newer versions where the teething problems are already fixed. :(

However, if it would be the SSP, I hope that Walther has a demonstration model of it, then it will be cheaper anyway..
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

ruig wrote:
j-team wrote:
ruig wrote:Unfortunately I didn't one photo in Munich. One team leader showed to me a box full of defective electronic modules (Pardini).
Did you notice that 3 of the 4 Pardinis in the RF final were mechanical?
Yes.

Record holder Klimov switched to Pardini too (mechanics) due to lack of normal support from Benelli.

Semiconductors are damaged by shaking (especially in 4 seconds series). The same electronics worked fine with .22 short.

Pardini removed SP electronics from their demo-shelf in Munich. Only mechanics.

It seems to me that we need separate shock-buffer for circuit board.

In the meantime top shooters are testing new circuit board (v3).
Thanks for the information. I could not tell from the video how many were electronic. And, it would seem that for shooters dry firing a good bit, the e-model would be preferred.

What is the usual reason for the current circuit board to fail?

Stan
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Lousy design. It hasn't worked right since its introduction back in 2003. Didn't work with .22 short, doesn't really work in .22lr, was a disaster in .32. Don't get me wrong, I like the Pardini, but that e-trigger sucks. The only one that works is the old Morini design. And none of them all can do roll-over.