RWS R-10 4.49mm Rifle grade

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Post by conradin »

Part of the reason why I chose Tenex-Match, etc is because they use animal products for wax; same thing if I use Lapua in which they use goose oil. I do not want to have candle waxed cartridges.

If Tenex hangs I know it is truly dirty in my pistol; but Lapua has not reason whatsoever, it is down to the individual cartridge. I think I find it useful is to shoot a .22s after a .22lr hangs, it fired right away, and after that even using the hang .22lr it will fire that one too.
conradin

Post by conradin »

At the end of the day, clean the pistol often. Lapua does not burn as well as Eley though.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The Sepoy Mutiny of 1857was caused by just such blasphemy. Animal fat on your ammo, indeed!

Are you trying to provoke another religious war with our Muslim and Hindu brothers? Shame!!! You'll burn in hell for such jihadist nonsense.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Between you and me just don't tell my Vegan friends.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Rover wrote:The Sepoy Mutiny of 1857was caused by just such blasphemy. Animal fat on your ammo, indeed!
No it was not. The East India Company specifically used mutton fat to grease cartridges to avoid any offence. The mutiny was the result of greivances caused by an overhaul of pay and conditions. A rumour was spread that the new .577in cartridges were greased with pork and beef fat, but only to further incite anger and exploit existing resentment.
Last edited by Tim S on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

eerr, disgusting..
I will have a look at this in future, surely I won't buy Lapua and Tenex..

Are there any other brands that use animal fat for waxing?
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

I can say with 1000% certainty that neither Eley or lapua or Rws for that matter use rendered animal fats or goose fats or any other fat. The main ingredient is BEESWAX a naturally occurring product that is found across the globe.
conradin

Post by conradin »

The lower grade Eley uses Paraffin wax. Animal by product fat is easier to dissolve than a petroleum byproduct. I do not know the exact mixture ratio of tallow and beeswax in Eley.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Beeswax is used as a carrier all the other ingredients are synthetic. That's across the range. Tallow hasn’t been used since the end of the nineties.

This relates to Eley only. RWS and Lapua may still use tallow on there cheaper lines.