Which lot would you choose.....

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bill Burkert

Post by Bill Burkert »

Obviously, if you are testing at the Eley facility you are interested in top flight accuracy.

I would rebarrel. Some of the Anschutz barrels are kick-butt, some are not. I have a 2013 Anschutz which did not shoot all that well until I put a Lilja on it in 2008. My prone scores took an immediate jump. The factory Anschutz barrel wasn't quite up to the task.

Get a top quality barrel and have it installed by a top flight gunsmith. I can heartily recommend Mark Penrod in North Manchester, Indiana. Mark usually has some barrels on hand. He had a Lilja for me which in my Hall action shoots 1/2", center-center 10 shot groups at 100 yards. (From a machine rest). He used his Match #7 reamer on my rifle.

Bill Burkert
gwsb

eley test

Post by gwsb »

Thanks Tim. you are right . It is Laupa in Az that has a 50 and 100 integrated range.

I still think bed the gun and retest. If it doesn't get better rebarrel it. I think that buying any of these ammos for this rifle would be a waste of money.
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

For more information on "slugging" a barrel by pushing a 22 bullet down the barrel you should check out Bill Calfee. He is a well known benchrest rimfire smith. If you google him on Amazon you will find his book, available as a kindle download. He writes extensively on how to slug a barrel. I don't know Bill, he is apparently a very opinionated old cuss, some love him, some can't stand him. His book is worth the read if you are interested in rimfire accuracy.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Dear shooting friends,

here you can see what's possible with a good rifle and barrel. The tested rifle is a Bleiker from Switzerland with a factory build in Lilja barrel.

http://www.targetshooting.co.nz/ubbthre ... l#Post9963

Especially the last group and the lot is outstanding. Eley in England says the old record for group testing with 40 rounds is 13,9mm and was shoot with a FWB 2700 from the world record holder 3P Rajmond Debevec from Slovenia.

Regards from Germany

Frank
tingliu

Post by tingliu »

At least you should have bedded the barrel. New bedding will change the harmonics of the barrel. I'd go there with a new barrel, ready to replace if the old barrel is shot out.
Chris