Air Pistol shooting Lower gun from 12 to 6 oclock

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

RobStubbs wrote:...the vast majority of elite (precision) shooters, choose to shoot that way?
Without a huge amount of concentration, you would not see a shooter perform the 50mm raise on the target I am talking about! How would you know what the "elite" shooters do? Try it!
RobStubbs wrote:You do however have a finer degree of control lowering the arm (relaxing the muscles) than you do in raising that is a scientific fact.
Rob

My approach to my shooting and coaching is data/fact-based. When someone makes an assertion that is different to my current knowledge or practice, I need to know the authority, otherwise it remains a mythical piece of unsubstantiated information to me (like the same info that you get from "some bloke down at the pub said..."). People tend to raise these pieces of information to the level of "fact" just because it gains popular acceptance.

So, I would be genuinely interested in knowing the source of this "scientific fact". If there is a basis to it, I can evaluate it for my technique and my coaching.

The other problem is the shooter (usually of dubious ability) who claims a technique, etc to be correct because s/he thinks it works for him/her.

We must be careful to be good consumers of information - evaluate it, use the good stuff and discard the rubbish.

PS: I'm not going to enter the discussion on archery. There is enough good data about pistol shooting. Let's not complicate it with techniques involved in other sports.