Best Hammerli free pistol???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
daotoys1

Post by daotoys1 »

ricchap wrote:"Fwiw, according to Larry Carter the 160 is the best 50-meter pistol Hammerli ever built."

What a terrible thing to say. Now I am going to have to buy one! As if I don't have enough free pistols already!

Thats a rea shame :) Im crying too :)

DAO
jipe

Post by jipe »

daotoys1 wrote:
slofyr wrote:
Reinhamre wrote:Look at the right side, the nut for a grip screw does have a rim. Very small and thin, if it not a tight fit here you will be in trouble.....
That sliding nut has enough thickness and is close enough to the parts under it so that it cannot drop out of the slot and misalign itself, or be intentionally misaligned. Even if it was machined without the guide flats it would still track inside the slot. The only way I can envision damage there is if the grip screw was torqued down with excessive force. Both the OEM and the Rink grips become firmly anchored by lightly snugging the screws, and they stay anchored, there is simply no need to tighten them more.

Reinhamre wrote: ...He also managed to break the plastic lever on the left side one uses to set the trigger... .
The trigger set levers on the H160 and FP60 are indeed molded plastic and they flex if over-extended. I suspect Hammerli's engineers designed them to flex to prevent damaging the mechanism by too much force because there is only a few grams of resistance when moving them. You can feel the click of the mechanism setting itself after the lever travels about 1/3rd of its allowed motion, so why would you push it further? The levers can bend a lot, and they have been on my 160 and FP60 by new shooters unfamiliar with the pistols. To break a lever, it would have to be pushed way beyond the point of bending and hitting the stop. I just cannot see that happening because over-stroking the lever would be so obvious.

Hammerli did upgrade the design of the set lever on the FP60. The 160 lever tended to feel flexy because it was thin. The FP60 lever has more ribbing and therefore has a much more solid feel under the thumb. The new lever is also slightly thicker; I got some lever drag when trying the factory H160 grip [a Nill] on the FP60. Rink grips made for the 160 seem to fit fine on the 60, though.

My thoughts exactly. People muscle things around and then blame the manufacturers. If people would just think before they act.

These free pistols are highly refined machines not your over built heavy and bulky combat pistol
Reinhamre is definitely not one of those guys shooting over built heavy and bulky combat pistol !

The other screw that is very delicate is the tiny one in the trigger guard for the trigger adjustment (parts 6, 14 and 15 on the exploded view of the FP60).
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

I will not argue about the subject anymore. I have had a Hammerli 152 and two Hammerli FP10, two Morini 84E one FP60, a TOZ35 and today a MG5 and a MU55-1.
They may have changed the FP60, the one I had was the early version.
IF I can get access to the nut I will take measurement and photo.
If I am clumsy or not, I will not answer but the lever, as I said, was broken by a technician from Walther!

By the way, from the paper that came with my MU55-1:
"The pistol has been tested with 200 shoot, of that was 50 test shoot with parti 9-07" And then the test result, by 10 shoot at the time, 2.1 - 2.5 cm!

From page 5 the manual I can see that adjusting the sight one click equals to 6mm +/- 1.5mm! How about that??? Some craftsmen are more serious than others. The manual is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/toz35blog ... ects=0&d=1

Can you find any other free pistol in this class??