ELEY test center

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

PaulB wrote:Does Eley have a specific test procedure that they use for everyone or can the customer "do what they want"? Is there a written test procedure?Is testing done in the stock or just with the barreled action? If in the stock, is there a "normal" procedure to perform bedding screw torque testing or other tuning (e.g. bloop tube tuner)?
When I was there, yes, there was a procedure. I'm a pistol shooter, though, so I didn't pay attention to the rifle protocol.
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

It's quite a prescribed procedure. You fire a ten shot group with each batch, and weed out the no-hopers that don't agree with your barrel. You then fire further 10 shot groups, eliminating batches as you go, up to a maximum of 40 shots per batch.
They use electronic targets (Meyton at the moment unless I'm mistaken), which feed into a bit of custom software, so they can composite the 10-shot groups from each batch, giving you 40-shot composite groups from which to compare the batches which best match your barrel.

The UK test range uses test rigs, not from the shoulder. I assume their new ranges in Stuttgart and Texas are also from rigs.