Just have to tell someone....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ModestoPete

Sports Fan?

Post by ModestoPete »

Does your wife follow any type of sport? Baseball, football, soccer?

If not, maybe she doesn't understand the entire concept of sport.

If she does following sports then I think you could find something to correlate your shooting with a sport she knows.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

No, she doesn't, but then neither do I. Shooting is one of very few sports I've really enjoyed. Played various sports as part of highschool, but after that I've just raced bicycles for a few years and run cross country and 10km road races off and on. Team sports whether participating or broadcast aren't at all interesting to me. She did a bit of kendo while growing up in Tokyo, but mostly plays the violin for recreation and rides her bike and runs and lifts weights to keep fit. I've tried to get her to try a pistol, just once, but I think the whole anti-weapon brainwashing introduced into Japanese culture by Westerners starting in the late 19th century is rather hard to counter. She regards shooting air pistol as akin to owning a Glock. But perhaps I'm making progress; yesterday I took my boy along with his cousins and my youngest brother and we shot pistols on a clearcut in the woods all afternoon. My wife has not so far complained! She's obviously not thrilled about it, but hey, we got the kids outside for 8 hours, away from screens, and that's a good thing.
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

My dogs think I'm terrific and seem quite interested and supportive when I tell them about a good day shooting...