Experience with RINK grip vs Morini

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Osmun

Post by Osmun »

Has someone compared in thickness/volume grips size M-right made by Ciro, Rink and Nill ?.
I want to know which one of them is the thickest one. I’m using Ciro grip size M-M on LP10 but it’s a little bit too thin in volume while size M-L is too thick. I’m looking for grip which is a little thicker than Ciro M-M grip.
Russ

Post by Russ »

maltom wrote:I asked a coach about his opinion on grips, i.e. Rink vs Morini.

He answered:

It is not the grip that shoots. It is the mind that shoots :)
Dear maltom, your coach is 100% correct, but correct grip importan also!
Most important question is which grip you have to choose, and what data will you use to make a right decision?
Russ

Post by Russ »

Russ wrote:
maltom wrote:I asked a coach about his opinion on grips, i.e. Rink vs Morini.

He answered:

It is not the grip that shoots. It is the mind that shoots :)
Dear maltom, your coach is 100% correct, but correct grip is importan also!
Most important question is which grip you have to choose, and what data will you use to make a right decision?
Russ

Post by Russ »

Tycho wrote:Useless answer, trying to sound like some Zen-Master...
Zen is good supplementary knowledge also. ;)

"A man paints with his brains and not with his hands."
Michelangelo
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Think of grips like shoes for a moment, yes you can walk on poorly fit shoes, but you are always thinking about them with each step. If one grip allows 'you" to feel better and focus better on shooting and fits you, go with it. Make the process as easy and comfortable as possible.
peterz

Post by peterz »

One difference between a Rink grip and all others is his patented method of adjusting the palm shelf. It's very clever, very convenient, and generally eliminates the need for a third hand to make the adjustment.

I can't help but comment that a lot of the discussion above about Rink vs Morini vs X vs Y really boiled down to the question of custom-fitted grip vs the standard grips supplied by the manufacturer. I am happy with my Rink custom grip, and had a lot of problem with the Morini medium grip that came with the pistol. I'm sure that I could adapt the Morini to fit, and I'm sure that any of the custom grip makers could make a grip that was better than the bog-standard one from Steyr. This is not a criticism of Steyr or Morini, but far more likely a comment about the shape and strength of my right hand.

I think David Levene is right on.