MG2 ammo

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

GREG wrote:I have contacted MG and was given the importers details in Australia and we will be going through the upgrades for the gun as i have an early version and there is a lot of upgrades that can be done to bring it up to scratch. We let this forum know how it all goes and the results.
Hi Greg,

I have spoken to the importer myself (having the new MG2RF), as I am waiting on my MG4 now. John has advised me not to bother with CCI or any cheap ammo for that matter, and reccomended the mid to high grade Eley for the MG2RF. I have spoken with a coulpe other users and they have told me the same.

I will be on the range this weekend testing a variety of ammo, but still have my order for Tenex as I am tired of ammo problems at comps. Im not A grade, but I still want to shoot my best!!!

Cheers

Post by Guest »

John was very surprised that I can shoot CCI at all, most cannot. Tryed Eley MAtch, Fiocchi centre-x , sk pistol match on the week-end. Eley match was working, but only used one box but had problems with the other 2. Once again CCI 5 boxes went through fine. I have a strange one.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Anonymous wrote:John was very surprised that I can shoot CCI at all, most cannot. Tryed Eley MAtch, Fiocchi centre-x , sk pistol match on the week-end. Eley match was working, but only used one box but had problems with the other 2. Once again CCI 5 boxes went through fine. I have a strange one.
After trying Geco,Eley Sport, Eley Match, Eley OSP and Eley Tenex I was very surprised by the results.

Geco wouldnt cycle
Eley Sport no problems
Eley Match no problems
Eley OSP wouldnt cycle
Eley Tenex no problems.

I have since brought 2 cases of Eley Sport for training and 1 case of Eley Tenex for comp.

Cheers
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I have a strange one

Not as strange as youmight think. My two Mg's have both worked faultlessly on CCI sv, and T22, as have the other two mg's in our club. [ two mg2 rf, and two MG2's ]
Buying eley tenex pistol seems like a HUGE expense overkill.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

deadeyedick wrote:
I have a strange one

Not as strange as youmight think. My two Mg's have both worked faultlessly on CCI sv, and T22, as have the other two mg's in our club. [ two mg2 rf, and two MG2's ]
Buying eley tenex pistol seems like a HUGE expense overkill.
I haven't tried T22 yet, but the CCI just wouldnt work.
The Eley was the only brand that would cycle without a problem. As for the Tenex, I didnt pay for it directly. It was paid for by a corporate sponsor, long story...

Cheers
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

It was paid for by a corporate sponsor, long story...
You're a lucky guy brakarzac.....Eley tenex pistol is almost equal to the value of gold, ounce for ounce.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

I use either Lapua Pistol King or Eley Match Pistol (Black Box) and both perform flawlessly.

Found CCI too long for some of my Mags (have new mags on order) but worked fine.
TB

Post by TB »

A74BEDLM wrote:I use either Lapua Pistol King or Eley Match Pistol (Black Box) and both perform flawlessly.
I would choose these two over any other kind of ammo, including Tenex, any day for the mg2. Pistol King and Match Pistol are the softest, most reliable and comfortable ammo's I have ever used!