Commonwealth Games - Shooting Disciplines

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robf

Post by robf »

Alexander wrote:
Hemmers wrote:
Alexander wrote:The Commonwealth Games are even listed in their calendar and - please do now visit the ISSF website - the ISSF does daily reports on the world's current shooting news (lower left corner).
Yeah, but not on the Olympics, and not on the Commonwealths, neither of which they have media rights for.
Once again this insipidity.
Media rights are absolutely not an ISSUE here at all. Do you need media rights granted from Saint Peter before you can report about a thunderstorm? Did David Cameron have to grant the papers any "right" so they they be "allowed" and "able" to report about his election results?

*shakes head about the joint stupidity of the assorted dwellers from a parallel universe*

Once again: updating your website daily and reporting about the results of a large international competition, or about the performance of your nation's top shooters has NOTHING at ALL to do with "media rights".

Alexander
Once again: British shooting is about Britain. There aren't any shooters representing Britain in India. ISSF also has nothing to do with the competition.

Does that answer your trolling?
j-team

Post by j-team »

robf wrote: Does that answer your trolling?
A troll works best if people keep replying...
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

robf wrote:
Alexander wrote:of a large international competition, or about the performance of your nation's top shooters has NOTHING at ALL to do with "media rights".
Once again: British shooting is about Britain.
Once again: it is NOT. How can you be so reality-blind? Sheer contrarianism I guess.
"British shooting" is the umbrella organisation representing the entire (competitive) shooting sports of the UK. And the shooters who start at the CG are not only (to the largest part) also members of the joint UK's national team - which membership is indeed not relevant in *this* context - but they are representing the shooting sports of "Britain", to use your language.

And thus OF COURSE British Shooting thus has the duty to report about the shooters' performance there. Well, on the other hand this silly organization has never lived up to its duties in other fields either, as you might rebut me.

And I do not think that you even know what the ISSF is.

Alexander
Last edited by Alexander on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

If we all stop biting and answering his ridiculous posts, maybe just maybe the troll will crawl back into his little hole.

Alexander just has this obsessive desire to infuriate everyone for his on pathetic pleasure.

Every post he ever make's is just plain un-constructive winging ( well he is a Pom )

Grow up, enough is enough, the best thing we can do is just ignore him and don't give him the pleasure of his shit stirring
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Richard H wrote:...Please explain why the ISSF should be reporting on the Commonwealth games and what you believe their role is in the games, if I'm so wrong...
the Commonwealth Games is an ISSF sanctioned event with MQS status for the IOC events.

no quota places or world records (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 702885.cms), but MQS yes
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Spencer why did you quote me? I don't believe my post had anything about "ISSF Sanctioned" mine was with regards to media rights which the ISSF does not have.

The CWG shooting event rules are to ISSF rules but I don't know if it is sanctioned by the ISSF either, but I'm sure there are others that know more about.

I think we might be getting into a difference of what peopel think the term "sanctioning" is.

What is the MQS for CWG's ?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Richard H wrote:The CWG shooting event rules are to ISSF rules but I don't know if it is sanctioned by the ISSF either, but I'm sure there are others that know more about.
As I understand it, the CGs are sanctioned by the ISSF as an event where shooters can gain an Olympic MQS.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Richard H wrote:Spencer why did you quote me? I don't believe my post had anything about "ISSF Sanctioned" mine was with regards to media rights which the ISSF does not have.

The CWG shooting event rules are to ISSF rules but I don't know if it is sanctioned by the ISSF either, but I'm sure there are others that know more about.

I think we might be getting into a difference of what peopel think the term "sanctioning" is.

What is the MQS for CWG's ?
your post Oct 07?
Bubsy

Post by Bubsy »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 034973.htm

I thought by discipline you meant shooting at the right target. ;)

Does anyone have details on the gun problem Mike was having? His backup gun uses different ammo? They aren't the same model?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bubsy wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 034973.htm

Does anyone have details on the gun problem Mike was having? His backup gun uses different ammo? They aren't the same model?
His reported comments of "I contributed to the other guy's score" and "The target records the first shot that hits it, so it might be his, it might be mine, but it will record the shot" don't sound right.

I was told (hopefully correctly) that the scores were correctly sorted out by the Classification Jury. This is easily done by comparing the rubber strip, backing card/control sheet and the backing target.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

As I understand the 25 metres centrefire results list

http://results.cwgdelhi2010.org/en/Root ... 3D_1.0.pdf ,

the fracas happened during the shoot-off. Tied score for places 2-5: four competitors had achieved the same score of 574. What I wondered about, was that Michael Gault also only scored 17 rings in this shoot-off. What went wrong on his side?

Alexander
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Alexander wrote:What I wondered about, was that Michael Gault also only scored 17 rings in this shoot-off. What went wrong on his side?
As I understand it he had a frame hit (scored as a miss) due to a bad round and then a malfunction. It was clear that he could not come higher than 3rd in the shoot-off so declined his malfunction shoot to allow the range to proceed smoothly.
Bubsy

Post by Bubsy »

David Levene wrote:
Bubsy wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 034973.htm

His reported comments of "I contributed to the other guy's score" and "The target records the first shot that hits it, so it might be his, it might be mine, but it will record the shot" don't sound right.

I was told (hopefully correctly) that the scores were correctly sorted out by the Classification Jury. This is easily done by comparing the rubber strip, backing card/control sheet and the backing target.
In the event of an overshoot then the "victim" would get the five highest scoring shots on his target, benefit of the doubt. So he could have shot 5 nines, Mike shoots 4 tens and a 9, victims gets four 10s and a 9. (Theoretically). Tho with the backing card set back you might see the shots from over yonder.
Bubsie

Post by Bubsie »

David Levene wrote:
Alexander wrote:What I wondered about, was that Michael Gault also only scored 17 rings in this shoot-off. What went wrong on his side?
As I understand it he had a frame hit (scored as a miss) due to a bad round and then a malfunction. It was clear that he could not come higher than 3rd in the shoot-off so declined his malfunction shoot to allow the range to proceed smoothly.
Was that with ammo he loaded himself or commercial? That's a hell of an outlier to hit the frame.

Good on him for his sportsmanship tho.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bubsie wrote:Was that with ammo he loaded himself or commercial? That's a hell of an outlier to hit the frame.
Pretty certain it would have been commercial.

Even with the top brands you (very) occasionally get a light load that only just gets there (but hits low).

I'll know more when he returns to the UK.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bubsy wrote:[In the event of an overshoot then the "victim" would get the five highest scoring shots on his target, benefit of the doubt. So he could have shot 5 nines, Mike shoots 4 tens and a 9, victims gets four 10s and a 9. (Theoretically). Tho with the backing card set back you might see the shots from over yonder.
That's not quite true I'm afraid.

6.11.8.3 If a shooter receives a confirmed cross-fire shot and it is impossible to determine which shot is his, he must be credited with the value of the highest undetermined shot.

Comparing the rubber strip, backing card/control sheet and backing target you can not only determine which are the cross shots but also which firing point they came from.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The schedule for the 2014 Commonwealth Games (in Scotland) shows encouraging signs for the shooting disciplines, notably for pistol.
I understand that section 5 exceptions will again be granted, resp. the existing ones prolonged.

What is also interesting, is the discrepancy in the listing of the various shooting disciplines between the explanatory page
http://www.cgcs.org.uk/sports/shooting/ ... on-format/
and between the programme
http://www.cgcs.org.uk/inc/pages-downlo ... w-2014.pdf

Alexander
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The programme is correct. They are now the only shooting events in the Commonwealth Games.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Do women shoot 50 m Pistol at the CG??

Because in the program is so stated.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

renzo wrote:Do women shoot 50 m Pistol at the CG??
It was added at the Commonwealth Games Federation General Assembly in St. Kitts and Nevis in November 2011.

I'm wondering how many entrants there are going to be.