'Bloop Tubes'

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Post by Guest »

Shooting Kiwi wrote:Yes, Robin, I agree. As I said before, we are chasing tiny benefits.

My suspicion is that these things are a fashion accessory, rather than a proven enhancement. In fact, I'm rather surprised they don't make inherent accuracy worse. These comments exclude the obvious effect on sight radius, of course. However, it would be nice to understand what's really happening, and I think there may be something useful to be learned, for instance even if the results only show up at long range. I also think that careful design might allow other phenomena to be manipulated, but I'll keep that to myself, at present. Even if progress seems pointless, you can't stop it!
I supect the fashion accessory theory is closer to the truth, I'm not convinced by the longer sight base philosphy either. I use compact versions of the Steyr air pistols and basicall notice no difference to sighting or score just an improvement in ballance.
My wife at 60 has returned to air rifle after a 20 year break, using a short Walther LG 300 junior she has not even commented on the short sight base and is shooting better than she did 20 years ago. Back then she also shot smallbore rifle with a short barreled Malcolm Cooper special known affectionately as "Pams Pistol" and was happily in the 590's, scores she'd kill for now.
I think there is a lot of fashion in modern shooting which I think is great for the sport.
Keep playing Kiwi, at least it will keep you amused on long winter nights.
Good shooting
Robin