Steyr LP10E Promo Video

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Makris.D.G

Post by Makris.D.G »

http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/siteLay ... ge=England

I was mistaken before,
after the 594 world record he did a 591 with the LP10E
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Makris.D.G wrote:http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/siteLay ... ge=England

I was mistaken before,
after the 594 world record he did a 591 with the LP10E
Yep, I have posted the link already a few post before ;-)
Best regards
Max
joker

Post by joker »

jipe wrote:
David Levene wrote:
Naimed1983 wrote:According to the Rink website Jong Ho Jin also produced 594 with his LP10e + Rink grip at Worldcub in Seoul.
My command of the German language is not good but I cannot see where they say that he used an LP10e with a Rink grip.

In fact, the Korean World Cup where he shot the 594 was in April 2009 and he was using an LP10 (mechanical trigger)
Indeed, it was last year at Seoul WC and since then, no WC in Seoul anymore. Below a picture of the pistol of Jong Oh Jin at the Seoul 2009 WC final: it is an LP10 and the grip doesn't seem to be a Rink grip (the holes at the bottom looks like the holes of a Steyr Morini grip).
The surface of the palm shelf looks as though it is built up with a 'scooped' out surface? I thought that the ISSF rules only allow curvature in the long axis and not across the shelf?

Rules 8.9

"a) 10 m Air Pistol Grips: No part of the grip, frame or accessories may touch any part of the wrist. The heel rest must extend at an angle
of not less than 90 degrees to the grip. This applies to the heel rest in front and behind the grip as well as on the sides. Any upward
curvature of the heel and/or thumb rest and/or a downward curvature of the side opposite the thumb is prohibited. The thumb rest must
allow free upward movement of the thumb. The grip must not encircle the hand. Curved surfaces on the grips or frame, including the heel
and/or thumb rest, in the longitudinal direction of the pistol are permitted."
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

joker wrote:The surface of the palm shelf looks as though it is built up with a 'scooped' out surface? I thought that the ISSF rules only allow curvature in the long axis and not across the shelf?
I'm afraid that just proves how dangerous it is to condemn a grip from a photograph of the gun being used.
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

I don't think there is a "scooped" surface on that end of shelf support.

The skin of the wrist looked wrinkled, indicating that skin is against a flat surface. That is where we AP shooters built up our "badge of courage" hard, hard callus.
joker

Post by joker »

Seamaster wrote:I don't think there is a "scooped" surface on that end of shelf support.

The skin of the wrist looked wrinkled, indicating that skin is against a flat surface. That is where we AP shooters built up our "badge of courage" hard, hard callus.
Yeah - a competitor at this level would obviously be within the rules - it is a rule which I have fallen foul of and the ISSF description of it appears a bit confusing IMO.
madmull

Post by madmull »

It's a modified grip Morini Grip.
You are allowed to remove wood and put wood back with woodpaste (epoxy).
That why he went to rink-grips.
Rink can make grips at the exact size and form of your hand, you have to grip some kind of stuff and then they scan it. The grip is then made with CNC machines. At our club they do the same with the grips. Remove the exces of wood and apply epoxy.
Put on a thin plastic glove like the ones you use to dye your hair and grip firmly. The epoxymaterial wil form to the handshape. After drying you have your one personalized grip now use a dremel to roughen the surface