Palm shelf contact shape - Steyr LP2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Gwhite wrote:
Richard H wrote:Ok, buy a smaller grip then. I think the comment was meant for Joker who said the shelf was all the way down but digging into his hand.
The rest of my grip fits fine. The next size down would be too small everyplace else. A grip that needs a little whittling in one spot is not necessarily the wrong size.

My experience suggests that if Joker buys the next larger grip (which it sounds like he should), he may still have to trim the back corner of the palm rest. The larger grip will allow him to move the shelf up, but it will probably also extend back further, which could cause the same problem I have. I have a variety of grips on various pistols, and the Steyr grip is the one that gives me a biggest problem with the back edge of the palm rest. I recall having to do a little tweaking on some other brands, but not to the extent I have on the Steyr.
Factory grips are made to fit no one in particular and they are very good at not fitting anyone in particular. So have at it with dremel, files, putty and make it fit you.
joker

Post by joker »

Thanks for the continuing advice - I am being confused now with Poster 'RB6' wrt grip size. My grip size is OK it is only the flat surface of the palm shelf I was wondering about.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

joker wrote:Thanks for the continuing advice - I am being confused now with Poster 'RB6' wrt grip size. My grip size is OK it is only the flat surface of the palm shelf I was wondering about.
It does seem that there are three people in this thread complaining about their grips.
joker

Post by joker »

Richard H wrote:
joker wrote:Thanks for the continuing advice - I am being confused now with Poster 'RB6' wrt grip size. My grip size is OK it is only the flat surface of the palm shelf I was wondering about.
It does seem that there are three people in this thread complaining about their grips.
I am OP and was not complaining - only enquiring about why palm rest is flat. Chinese whispers now in action!
laffeld

Post by laffeld »

Chinese whispers in action?

Is this a Scottish idiom?

Post by Guest »

Gwhite wrote:
Richard H wrote:If that little corner is causing you pain and it's adjust all the way down it sounds that you might need a larger grip.
Actually, the grip is too large, in that it is overly long in the back. The problem is that the palm shelf extends so far back that the corner digs into my wrist when the pistol is angled down. I could solve the problem by cutting a quarter of an inch off the entire back of the grip, but radiusing the back edge of the palm rest involved removing a lot less wood.
Gwhite is exactly correct, they come too long from the factory, they are in fact, illegal as is. They are made that way so that you can cut them to the correct length needed to give you maximum legal support.

pilkguns not signed in