ISSF Grades Mens 25m Sport Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

David as the match requires special equipment to shoot it on, that really does make it a problem with the match.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

It depends upon countries and cultures. In Europe, nearly every cartridge pistol range has turning targets, but this seems rarer elsewhere.

And I do not purport that anything is wrong with rapid fire pistol, as little as I would say that anything is wrong with Zimmerstutzen (4mm rimfore parlour rifle); yet both are dying disciplines. And I would very much welcome RFP not vanishing, but being replaced in the Olympics by a more spectator-appealing shooting discipline; because I would be happy to keep any many shooting disciplines in the Games as possible.

Alexander
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Richard H wrote:David as the match requires special equipment to shoot it on, that really does make it a problem with the match.
Not that special. You can also shoot Standard Pistol, 25m (Sport) Pistol and CF Pistol on the same kit.

It's really a question of whether a range is designed predominantly for ISSF events or for other types of shooting.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Alexander wrote: I would very much welcome RFP not vanishing, but being replaced in the Olympics by a more spectator-appealing shooting discipline; because I would be happy to keep any many shooting disciplines in the Games as possible.

Alexander
I think there's plenty who would like to see RFP out of the Olympics and it's the one closest to the "cut" point.

But, what an interesting situation this makes as if it goes, it will almost certainly take Womens Sport pistol with it as there would be reluctance to build an olympic standard 25m range for only one event. This, however, is a womens event and they couldn't be seen to be sexist. A nice little catch 22 that might just save RFP fr a while at least.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I agree with you that it should be repaced by another 25 metres pistol event, if RFP were to go. We need to retain as many cartridge firearms disciplines as possible.
Why, even centre fire pistol would be a good replacement for RFP, and it is international, unlike men's .22 sport pistol. To get a centrefire cartridge discipline into the Olympics, would be a welcome supportive boost for the firearms laws and firearms politics in not a few countries.

Alexander
Last edited by Alexander on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

j-team wrote:...as there would be reluctance to build an olympic standard 25m range for only one event...
Taking the 10/25/50M Finals ranges as a pattern, London will probably be the last new Olympic range with a separate 25M Qualification range (if it gets a separate 25M range), and Delhi the last for Commonwealth Games.

Given the cost of ranges (at this level), expect 25M facilities to be on the 50M range
Guest6

Post by Guest6 »

So the potential is for future ranges to have for example the target systems on rails, movable form 50m to 25m? I've seen the same done for some clubs with their Service/Unrestricted ranges (paper targets). Lot easier to move the targets than set up again on another range when switching from 50 yrds to 25yrs.

Have their been similar implementations on the electronic target systems? Is there an issue with having a 25m "leash" on the harness? Or perhaps just unplug at 50m, and then plug into the 25m receptacle, making it more foolproof. Less signal length is always good.

I could well imagine that some Asian nations wouldn't have trouble coughing up the goods for an international grade shooting complex or two.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Spencer wrote:
j-team wrote:...as there would be reluctance to build an olympic standard 25m range for only one event...
Taking the 10/25/50M Finals ranges as a pattern, London will probably be the last new Olympic range with a separate 25M Qualification range (if it gets a separate 25M range), and Delhi the last for Commonwealth Games.

Given the cost of ranges (at this level), expect 25M facilities to be on the 50M range
Perhaps, if they can fit all the events in in time - including those like ORF and 25M pistol that have large intervals between sessions. It could also cause problems with targetry, not that that's not insumountable.

Rob.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Guest6 wrote:...Have their been similar implementations on the electronic target systems? Is there an issue with having a 25m "leash" on the harness? Or perhaps just unplug at 50m, and then plug into the 25m receptacle, making it more foolproof. Less signal length is always good...
1/ Munich Finals Hall is an example for EST
2/ Unlikely to be on rails for a full Qualification range configuration: hinge up, or down, is more likely
3/ Sydney Finals Hall (and others) when in 50M configuration have the 25M targets to one side on the Finals range and brought to the centre position for 25M configuration. A suitable electric interlock would avoid the problem of people forgetting to 'unplug' before moving the targets (yes, it has happened!).
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

4/ Eisental (a small range but one of the most modern) has its 100 metres smallbore ends movable on rails to 50 metres.

http://www.schuetzenverein-eisental.de/ ... nhaus.html

Alexander