Which is better the LP10 or the FWB p44?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Shine wrote:

I have owned both the LP1 and the LP10. Both pistols had problems with inconsistency of the triggers. The LP1's trigger was changed by Steyr and it was necessary for me to adjust the sear on the LP10 in order to be able to make fine adjustments to the second stage of the trigger, so Steyr does not always come without some degree of problems. The only other issue I had was with my finger touching the trigger guard on both pistols.That said, the pistols shot well except that I got a slight bounce back from the trigger of the LP10 when releasing it and no matter how I tried to tune it out , it was always there.

I have not experienced any 'trigger bounce' on the LP10.
I can only presume that with all manufactured goods, 'lemons' are bound to appear, no matter how fine the pistol may be.

Kevin

Airgun aficionado from Costa Rica
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

trigger bounce is cause by a mis-adjusted trigger. Turn the sear back 1/16 -1/8 of a turn and it should go away.
Tolkach

P-44 or LP-10

Post by Tolkach »

I have owned both. I began with the P-44 and really enjoyed it. I liked the fact that it has a dry fire mechanism that works like a safety. I also liked all the adjustments available on the pistol. I'm one of the people that did not particularly like the grips. While they are very well made, I just could not get a consistent grip on the pistol and would have to do considerable work on the grip for it to fit. The trigger was great and the sights just fine -- with the exception of the front sight. It was a bit narrow for my liking. I couldn't find a consistent U.S. supplier for accessories, so I could not order a new front sight, nor could I order the barrel weights. I purchased an LP-10 to see how it would compare in my inexperienced hands.

The LP-10 is balanced differently and feels heavier than the P-44, although I did not weigh them. I liked the grip on the LP-10 much better, and the front sight post is a little wider. Also, there is no shortage of places that stock LP-10 spare parts and accessories.

With the P-44, when I was "on," I was "on" and could shoot very nice center 10s. The problem was (mostly me and partly fitting the gun properly) that I could not stay in the groove for very long.

With the LP-10, my scores have been better and much more consistent. It just fits met better and I was able to quickly adjust the gun to fit me.

After shooting the LP-10 for a couple months, I sold the P-44.

Hope this helps. I thought I saw from the thread that you already purchased the LP-10. You will thoroughly enjoy it.