does your morini air pistol make power factor? mine does

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

talked to the importer and he said cut the spring if that doesnt work I have to send it to him and he will get the regulatorreplaced
David M

Post by David M »

Before you cut anything, do this test.
1. Fill the pistol to 200 bar (allow the tank to cool on the cylinder when filling so the pressure is stable - no temperature drop).
2. Shoot over the chronograph for initial pellet speed - 10 shots (note the average and spread)
3. Continue to shoot and record shots 40-50 (equal to mid match)
4. Again at shots 80-90 (end match)
5. Continue to shoot until the lockout cuts in - note the shot number and the cylinder pressure at cutout.
6. Override cutout and dertimine the number of usable shots until pellet drop is out of the black on a traget. (shoot on a target till unusable)
This will give a guide as to the state of the regulator.

Also how long since the pistol has been stripped,serviced, cleaned and lubed.
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

It was done when I first got the pistol. I think just after xmas. what should I be looking for when i perform this test. at the moment I have been getting a varience of about 7 feet per second and a maximum of around 20 feet per second
David M

Post by David M »

Well, what was the lockout pressure and how many shots?
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

Not sure on the lockout pressure as I had the old gauges that didnt have numbers on it i just got one of the new gauges so i will have to do it again to see what the lock out pressure is
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

Il have to do the test tomorrow as My tank will only put probably 190 in it so i will have to borrow a pump to get it to 200