matchguns MG2 and MG4

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RJP

RF Kit

Post by RJP »

RJP
if you dont mind what did you pay for the rapid fire kit?
The US importer charged me $600, which is the same in Euros as the price listed in the Gehmann online catalog.

I feel that for that price, they should have also installed a new barrel. It would make changing much easier.

While we are talking about it, is it possible to make a .32 caliber conversion kit as well? All that would be needed is barrel, slide, springs and magazines.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

All that would be needed? I don't think so... Probably the only identical parts are the sights, the trigger and the grip... The MG4 is a bit bigger in every dimension.
herman

Post by herman »

yesterday i picked up my MG2 and MG4 and whent straigth to the range.
the MG4 worked perfect only have to adjust the trigger to my need

the MG2 was a different story, it worked fine for about 10 shots and after that i had to cock the hamer by pulling back te slide each shot.

but after reading the manual it seams that the "release force travel" was just to fine tuned, i increased the travel and now it shoots like a dream

Bgrds
Herman
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Thanks for the follow up Herman, and enjoy your new toys.
julioalperi

MG4

Post by julioalperi »

MG4 disassembling and assembling , cleaning and trigger adjustment. It is in spanish, still worth seeing.
Julio
Attachments
Match Gun - despiece por A. Castellano.doc
(982.5 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
herman

damage tube magazine MG4

Post by herman »

one of my tube magazine was causing problems in my MG4.
it did not feed the last round in to the craddle, the piston of the magazine was not coming to the end of the tube.

i informed Matchguns about it and they send my a new tube within days, realy great service from Mr Calzetti.

Brgds

Herman

Ps
does someone have experience with RWS pistol match and/or Eley sport in the MG2[/b]
TB

Re: damage tube magazine MG4

Post by TB »

herman wrote: Ps
does someone have experience with RWS pistol match and/or Eley sport in the MG2[/b]
I have tried both in my MG2. As with all other kinds of ammo I have tried, they funktion without any problems at all. My personal preference though, is that RWS pistol match and RWS target pistol for that matter is too hard regarding recoil. For the same price as RWS pistol match you can get RWS C25 that also function very well but with a little softer recoil, so in that price range I prefer the C25. The Eley Sport i also find softer than RWS pistol match, but to my experience the recoil can be a bit different from shoot to shoot.

If money were no option I would use Lapua Pistol King, RWS Super Pistol 250 or Eley Pistol Match. They are all very smooth to shoot, but the price is too high for me to shoot them regularly.