Steyr wins another Gold

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SeaBlue52

Post by SeaBlue52 »

OK, I don't really need to know. Hypothetically, though, would I have more to worry about if you were shooting a silver LP10 instead of a black one?

Richard H wrote:There's a big advantage, but if we told you we'd have to kill you.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It's just personal preference. Unless of course you're a multi-time World Champion, and Olympian like Jasna and Steyr makes you a custom gold engraved one, that has to be worth extra style points anyways.

As the Steyr ad use to say "Pistol shooters are a sensitive bunch so we now offer the cylinders in blue, silver and gold"
jipe

Post by jipe »

SeaBlue52 wrote:
jipe wrote: I have a picture of the gold LP10 of Jesna from the Steyr web site
Besides personal preference, is there any advantage to having a gold finish, or another color, on one's air pistol? The Steyr LP10 comes in both black and a new silver finish ... any reason to select one over the other?
No real benefit between silver and black: both finish are as strong and last very well over time, no visible wear even after several years and a lot of shots. Same amount of care/cleaning (= very little needed) for both finish.

When you shoot the pistol, you even do not see if it is a silver or black version since what you see, i.e. the sights have the same color on both versions = black.

It seems that currently, Steyr sells much more silver than black versions (at least in Europe, when you look in German shops, most of them have only the silver in stock). The newest LP2 is also silver.

For the engraved gold one, you need to shoot more than 15 years at the top level, winning an incredible amount of medals with world cup, olympic and world champ titles, like Jesna did !