So, is this the new Air-Arms PCP pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Oz

Post by Oz »

I shot one on Saturday after my match. Since the grip doesn't have a palm rest, so it was a little more difficult to shoot than I anticipated. But it's probably because I now rely on that palm rest so much. And it was right after I shot 80 shots in a match I suppose.

It's certainly a step up from a Daisy or Crossman and is a PCP. Maybe for a beginner that doesn't have the strength or endurance to pump an IZH over and over, it could make a lot of sense.

But from my perspective, without a good ergo grip/palm plate, I would take an IZH if pumping isn't an issue.

Rumor is that it will have a better quality grip option shortly. If that happens and it remains under $600, it could be a game changing pistol for shooters ready to move into PCP, or for really serious beginners.

Oz
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Read this link from start to finish and you will see why top shooters dont post. Answer the question" Did you not just read posts from a bunch of blow hards that knew NOTHING about what they were talking about but ACTED as if they knew EVERYTHING?"
BPBrinson

Alfa

Post by BPBrinson »

A shooter in our club recently acquired an Alfa. They got it from Bob at the OTC for $525, $110 down w/ some kind of terms for clubs. Is it something I would shoot? No, however I have shot it and the 1st three shots went thru the same hole,and the average grouping was on par w/ my normal grouping and on call, not bad. I think it would be great for 8, 10 , 12 year olds and smaller shooters. I do not know how it would hold up to club use, but I do not see any obvious problems. The trigger is not too bad,maybe w/ time it will get better. Be sure to clean and inspect as we found loose metal from manufacture in the barrel and seemed to blow some out of the mechanism. Czech model airplane engines have the same problem but are good engines. We usually get 75 to 85 shots per fill. The grip has palm swells that are too big ( belt sander). The big positive is that it is exactly ONE POUND lighter than an IZH and no big cocking lever. That is huge to our club that has had to turn away younger kids because the IZH is hard to cock and is so heavy. I wished the grip was a bit better, but it is ambidextrous. IMHO it is a good beginner pistol. Hopefully this is a step for USAS to help support the youth shooter base here in the States.

Brooks

Brooks
derekm

Post by derekm »

This is being marketed as Air Arms, but is in fact made in the Czech Republic by Alfa Proj. (The AA s200 rifle is in fact the CZ 200, also made in the Czech Republic)

I have the CO2 version and would say that it is a decent club level pistol and would probaly outshoot most owners of "world class guns".

Note I said the owners, not their guns!

However from a value point of view, $900 is laughable. I bought my gun direct from Alfa in April 2006, for 235 Euros, which included 16Euros postage and Value Added (Sales) Tax of 19%!!! This was the then normal retail price in CZ.

As your Dollar has been up and down like a yo-yo these last 2 or 3 years, I leave you to choose a fair exchange rate and then to form your own conclusions.

As a gun it is well amongst the Taus and Aerons and I have no regrets in purchasing it, but $600 to $900, even with a PCP conversion is OTT, especially with your low US sales taxes.
david alaways

price

Post by david alaways »

The price is $525 that includes shipping, unless they have sold them all already.
derekm

Post by derekm »

$525 including shipping is maybe not too bad for the PCP version, though personally I have no problems with CO2. In UK we can buy 12g cartridges in bulk at sensible prices ie. £0.3 Sterling.

Unless it is regulated, which I would doubt, 525 is enough though. My purchase included 19% sales tax.

Your Dollar is getting stronger too I think, or is it just the Pound weakening as usual?