Top Ten List

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I am going to echo RyanB college life experience.

I was looking for a competitive advantage; I want to be relaxed before the match… So I engaged in s romantic interlude minutes before the match. While I ended up be completely too relaxed and my first shot of the match went over the burm. I can look back at that match fondly... I can’t even say I wouldn’t do it again.

It’s a hell of an excuse for a poor performance, but for some reason the other shooters on the line didn’t feel bad for me.

Oh the good old days

Brian
NY_Rifle

hangover...

Post by NY_Rifle »

I recall someone (can't mention any names) shooting their personal best at the time at Camp Perry in 1993 (the days when I was smallbore) with the biggest hangover imanginable. I think it hurt so much to think they just didn't.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Having been there to watch Brian James send that first shot over the berm, I can honestly say I've never seen a bigger grin on the face of a guy who's just sent ten points into nana land! ;-)
Mellberg

Post by Mellberg »

I shot a great AP match (578) in Plzen, CZE last year placing ninth, less than 24h after I was completely decked from some sort of stomach illness. Let's just say that I was pretty relaxed during the match. =)
slinger

Post by slinger »

I am sad to see that one of MY personal favorites did not make the "top ten" list. That would be to make sure you "scope" all the other competitors targets to see how well they are doing,,,,how do they do that?
donthc

Post by donthc »

slinger wrote:I am sad to see that one of MY personal favorites did not make the "top ten" list. That would be to make sure you "scope" all the other competitors targets to see how well they are doing,,,,how do they do that?
how about adding the point about observing the expressions of other shooters at the firing line, trying to guess out their progress?

2) set yourself a target(someone to beat)
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

When shooting air pistol, one shot per single bull target, time your carrier movements so as not to disturb other shooters during their hold. Then when you think you are using a lot of time, try to make up for it by loading the pellet before retrieval or before sending the carrier, but only occasionally use the normal procedure of loading just before gripping the pistol. This will encourage loading multiple pellets and reduce shooting time.