Morini 162 EI muzzle compensator ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

Comp

Post by shadow »

To Comp or Not To Comp??

What is the real purpose of a comp on 1) an ai pistol and 2) a free pistol?

If a pistol did not come with one didn't the manufacturer know why they were doing?

Post by Guest »

Mr. Skanaker with the Blow-Out Compensator on he's morini
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Look at the World Record and when they were achieved:
50m Pistol Men, WR 581 MELENTIEV, Alexsander, URS 20.07.1980 OG, Moscow
10m Air Pistol Men WR 593 PYZHIANOV, Sergei, URS 13.10.1989 WCF, Munich.

Were they using compensators? (No! This is not a trick question - I don't know)

Spencer
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Spencer wrote:Look at the World Record and when they were achieved:
50m Pistol Men, WR 581 MELENTIEV, Alexsander, URS 20.07.1980 OG, Moscow
10m Air Pistol Men WR 593 PYZHIANOV, Sergei, URS 13.10.1989 WCF, Munich.

Were they using compensators? (No! This is not a trick question - I don't know)

Spencer
Okay, so what does this tell us? We want to make a NEW record do we not? World record in standard pistol is made with a Hämmerli 208 and I have seen a lady shooting the Swedish record for sport pistol, 595 with a SAKO. It is not the gun that makes a record it is the talented and dedicated shooter (on a lucky day) with a suitable tool that will succeed!

Kent
guest not logged

It's in the eyes!

Post by guest not logged »

Thanks for posting the picture of Ragnar. I am not so interested in the comp as the steely determination in the gaze. That same intensity shows in pictures of Tiger Woods and others who simply KNOW they will succeed. Good for the rest of us to see what it looks like.

Post by Guest »

I wonder if the the blow-out compensator is to provide Mr Skanaker with a longer sight radius and not for the benifits of the blow out comp. Just a thought.

Brian James
Anonymous wrote:Image

Mr. Skanaker with the Blow-Out Compensator on he's morini
toznerd

Post by toznerd »

Two things:

1) I'd bet that Mr Skanaker could still wail on most of us with a FWB model 65! The only thing at the end of a barrel during a match he's interested in is the front sight. Now, away from the match and during the business of selling shooting equipment,.....possibly another story.

2) I wonder what is in that coffee cup?

toznerd
jipe

Re: Comp

Post by jipe »

shadow wrote:To Comp or Not To Comp??

What is the real purpose of a comp on 1) an ai pistol and 2) a free pistol?

If a pistol did not come with one didn't the manufacturer know why they were doing?
On an AP, to m y knowledge, the main goal is to avoid that the turbulences of the compressed air, when it comes out of the barrel just behind the pellet, de-stabilize the pellet and by doing so reduce its accuracy.

The compensator makes the compressed air escape in other directions that behind the pellet. That's why most compensators have side holes. The magic/efficiency of the compensator is in the shape/size/number of these holes.