Trigger stops

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Steve, Your "experiment" is missing an important parameter. Is the gun suspended with the barrel horizontal or vertical? The reason I ask, is if horizontal, there is no force opposing the pressure on the trigger, but the bit of gravity, (which decreases as the the length of the string increases), exerted as the gun swings back like a pendelum. If vertical, the entire weight of the gun is resisting this force. Either way, this experiment is not duplicating the forces generated in actually firing the gun.

In a proper experiment, the gun is suspended from the ceiling with the barrel horizontal, and the gun is dry fired by a pincer- like electrical solenoid attached to the front of the trigger, and the rear of the grip, squeezing the two together, because this is what is happening when you squeeze the trigger in actual use. The action would be equal and opposite, sort of like Newton's Third Law, and any motion imparted to the gun, would be caused by whatever out of balance mass the lockwork had.

BTW, I shoot a Morini 162E, and don't see why it wouldn't react the same as an entirely mechanical lockwork. I believe there's a solenoid moving vertically (the click you hear), to release the mainspring(if cocked), which opens the valve.

In any event, I'd like to thank you for a very stimulating discussion, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Paul
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Paul:

Please see my personal email to you on this matter . . .

Steve
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Dang! What's a good email address for you? Please contact me at leslieswartz@verizon.net thanks.

Steve
2659 Plus

Trigger stops

Post by 2659 Plus »

Horah for Steve, And the best analisis of trigger mechanics I've ever read. There is no way a top shooter should handicap him/her self with a inferior trigger mechanism. The entire process of firing a perfect shot is based on trigger manipulation and sight allignment. I dont want to get carried away here as it really helps to be able to hold the pistol reasonably still. And thats my two cents worth. Good shooting Bill Horton
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Steve, Sent you an e-mail.
Paul