difference between P40-P44-LP 10-162ie

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bryan

Post by bryan »

I am already set up for air due to my rifle, eg scuba tank. but would look at the pump due to filling issues in my current location.

I have been shooting an hour, once or twice a week, sometimes none!, for nearly 10 months, depends on availability of a pistol. but have been slowly climbing, just breaking into the 560's locally, only shot once else where.
seem to shoot worse with better pistols, think I need to get used to one.

the mod 65 is quite heavy, and back heavy, newer pistols, even though lighter, are more front heavy.
the wrist does tire, wouldn't like to shoot much more than 60 shots. only just starting to get a whole match in without tiring to much, with a couple of sighters.

I want to work on rapid, air, and free when I find a free pistol. still have not shot free yet.
will give my std pistol a go.
I like shooting rapid, but need someone to supply ammo. dam it dissappears quick! spend more time loading magazines than shooting!

bryan
bryan

Post by bryan »

double post
Last edited by bryan on Wed May 02, 2007 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
jipe

Post by jipe »

bryan wrote:still open to comments, still liking the look of the LP10, but if something else turns up at the right price, will seriously look at it.
You can also consider the Anschutz LP @: it is identical to the Steyr LP10 (same manufacturing) except for the barrel. Performances are similar to the one of the LP10 (I own an LP10 and tried the LP @).

Since it is less known/famous than the LP10, you can sometimes find it for a lower price than the LP10.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Similarly, if you're not hung up on having a recoil absorber then the Steyr LP-2 is also an excellent choice, and can be had at a reasonable price.

On the topic of recoil absorbers, I have to admit that I was at one point totally sold on the idea. I was shooting a Co2-powered LP1 and just HAD to get an LP-10. After purchasing the LP-10 I have to admit that my predispostion toward recoil absorbers changed quite significantly. I continue to shoot my LP-1 and have added a Morini CM162 EI Short to the fleet, as well as a Walther LP300 Jr. The LP-10 is no longer with me as I just couldn't get it to perform as I hoped it would. My scores with pistols without recoil absorbers is measureably better than the scores I achieved with the only pistol I owned that had a recoil absorber. After looking at this very small set of data I've concluded that a recoil absorber is no longer a 'must have' item in an air pistol. It would appear from looking at World Cup results that the top shooters results would tend to support this conclusion.

As they say, it's not so much the pistol that counts as it is the nut behind the trigger! ;-)