How to decock a Morini CM84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

We were told by Morini technician that returning and holding the cocking lever a little proud of the lowest point (the firing position) minimised potential damage of firing pin but successfully de-cocked the pistol. I only do this twice for a competition, once at equipment control and once at the end of the match. Would be interested if any gunsmiths or engineers had contra opinion.

The plastic caps if used more than a few times embed themselves into the breach. I understood ISSF required empty barrel and empty breach anyway.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Reinhamre wrote:Rule: 8.14.6.1.5
It is OK to leave an emty cartridge in chamber after you have fired in final?
Why? So that you can dry fire before next shot?
I believe the reason is that is allows you to reduce barrel/chamber heat loss.

I cannot imagine a Free Pistol Shooter using the first part of his 75 seconds dry firing.
Reinhamre wrote: Rule: 8.14.4.2
It is OK to dry fire before preparation time?
Only with the permission of the Range Officer on the firing line or in a designated area as 8.2.5.3. I would suggest that to follow the finals' protocol/procedures and general format you are unlikely to get that permission.
bubba_zenetti

Post by bubba_zenetti »

Hi Wai,

Dropping the pin on any rimfire is not a good idea as not only will it damage the pin but it can dimple the chamber causing problems later on ( I have a 10/22 that has a nice dimple in the chamber from dry firing.

I am unsure about the Morinis construction, but some pistols will still fire if they are slightly out of battery so here is what I do. I use a piece of plastic strip that I can slide in between the bolt and the chamber to act as a cushion. just pull the bolt back and slide in the plastic strip (of course you make sure your magazine is out and the chamber is empty as always) and fire the pistol. Without opening the bolt, just slide the plastic strip out and the pistol is now decocked and there are now worries about yoru spring going bad from being compressed all the time.