follow through

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:I do think a fair number of newer shooters do think follow through is just holding the gun up. Next time you're at the range question a few shooters as to what they are doing or looking for during the follow through.
I coach youngsters and they are taught what follow through is. We also get them to call the shots, which they wouldn't be able to do if their follow through was just holding the gun up. A lot of our older shooters don't follow through properly, if at all - but I don't coach any of them (yet).

Rob.
aurorapolice02_11

Yes...

Post by aurorapolice02_11 »

Technically you can call it a single stage, but keep in mind you take up some of the weight of the over all trigger pull with that first stage. Not only do you get your trigger finger in place and set to do it's work, you take up some of the weight prior to lift. My theory on coaching is to introduce this technique at a later time in a shooter's development.

Mike Douglass
scerir

Post by scerir »

Follow through ? It is a typical quantum effect. In the sense that the value of the shot does not only depend on the preparation of the shot, it also depends on what is done after the shot is already released :-)
s.
[Bohr named it complementarity, meaning that in the quantum domain you cannot follow, in space and in time, what it is happening. So you are even allowed to think that there are, in reality, retrocausal effect (what is after influences what is before. A sort of follow through :-) In general, in nature, it is impossible to *prove* that A comes after B, or it is the viceversa. But this is another story.]