What makes you feel great (in shooting) ?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

F. Paul wrote:It's no different than sex or a great 5 mile run. Either will leave you feeling drained but good (if done right).
I agree on the former but, the only feeling I would have after a 5 mile run is the wish that the ambulance would go a bit faster ;-(
durant7

How to get your "buzz" back

Post by durant7 »

Interesting thread. All posts are right on...except for the relaxing part ;). I have a hard time relaxing after losing or performing well below a PB. But anyway....

I have only been shooting in a competitive environment for 5 years. It was just easy to get involved as there was an organized program. Many folks participated. It was social and allowed me to learn new (non work, non kids) interesting material. Net net, it was an outlet which I enjoyed. The excitement of competition, the thrill of winning, the art of mental mgt. Great stuff!! Now, having moved to a new area, no competitive standing SB or air rifle programs :( Just a rather small and serious SB prone program. After my first match it looks to be money first regardless of talent and 100% practice would be at range. Don't see dry fire practice would work here ;)

No more buzz, no more camraderie, no more outlet, no more relaxation...but I still own my pride and joy 2002CA. I have a crude range setup at home but w/o a match to prepair for, w/o the learnings from much more experienced shooters....what to do? How do you get your "buzz back"??

I guess there are postals? I'm not good enough to travel as 10m AR is a youngsters game. Open to learn as always. Who knows, that prone game might be fun once I trade in my 2002CA for a good SB prone gun!

d7 in Memphis

The best buzz....getting 5 or more pin wheels in a 60 shot match!! I used to cut them out and collect them!