Let See Those Small Bore Rigs

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Denton

Post by Denton »

Gru wrote:
Denton - It's a carbon fiber skin layered over an aluminum chassis
You are correct. The aluminum is necessary for mounting the action and the sliding weight system under the barrel. I must say that the cheekpiece is the most impressive part of the stock. Almost infinitely adjustable.
Thanks Gru,
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Regards,

D.
Gru

Post by Gru »

Thanks Gru,
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Regards,

D.
Unfortunately I have not, between work and weather I have not been able to find the time. Right now I'm planning on getting my first shots downrange on Saturday!
Bob Smalser

Post by Bob Smalser »

Kimber 82G. A test bed to provide a mid-grade rifle to families for under 700 bucks. This one is set up to use by both righties and lefties.

Last edited by Bob Smalser on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob
jbell

Post by jbell »

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have not shot Olympic air or smallbore in many years. But I am looking to get back into the 10m air thing and last year picked up this:

Sauer 200TR as shown in 22lr but I also have the 308 conversion for it

It shoots very well, and has an excellently smooth action and trigger.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

Mine :)

It's a Bleiker barrelled action in an Anschutz Precise stock. Gemini buttplate, MEC Free Sight and a Centra Duo Vario on the front.
Denton

Post by Denton »

Very nice IRLConor! Clean looking setup.

One question, how do you find the Gemini buttplate? Have you had to adjust the top section sine the new EC requirements came in re:25mm rule?

D.
IRLConor

Post by IRLConor »

Denton wrote:Very nice IRLConor! Clean looking setup.
Yup, it's flat, relatively short and light (6.25kg).
Denton wrote:One question, how do you find the Gemini buttplate?
It has more adjustments than I need, but I didn't know what I'd need until I bought it and shot with it for a while. :)
Denton wrote:Have you had to adjust the top section sine the new EC requirements came in re:25mm rule?
Yeah, I just had to take one segment out of the top part. It's a two piece job and removing one makes it possible to make it pass EC.

That said, I've been through ISSF EC twice this year and they didn't check it either time.