New Dress Code Interpretation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

j-team

Post by j-team »

RobStubbs wrote: Someone must be reading this forum and updating the 'interpretations' live - hopefully not so live though that Mickey makes it in ;)

Rob.
Mickey is already in. He's on the ISSF technical committtee!
Barney

Post by Barney »

Yeah, he is the one coming up with all these over the top and pathetic proposals and changes to the regulations which are not nessesary.

All we need now is buggs bunny to join the party
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

And the next will be a makeup store? Do they count scores anymore?
"You shot well today but as you have sandals so it does not count"
Well, if you cant beat them, join them! And put more wood on the fire :-)
If you give a man enough of rope he will hang himself!
Kent
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Reinhamre wrote:And the next will be a makeup store? Do they count scores anymore?
"You shot well today but as you have sandals so it does not count"
I think we absolutely need ISSF make-up regulations for female competitors, and concurrent "shaving cleanliness scales" for male competitors. Go, lemmings, go !

Alexander

Post by Guest »

I see that the ISSF president was upholding the standard at the opening ceremony of the shotgun World cup which he opened, wearing an open necked shirt with a tee shirt underneath, and a cheap ball point pen in the shirt pocket.
He hardly looked the epitomy of the well dressed president of an international body at a premier event.
Never mind perhaps he's too busy to read the guidance.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would say that anything _below_ a tail-coat and proper headgear is irreconcilable with the due dignity of an opening ceremony.

The picture posted on the previous page, however, fulfills both these requirements. :-)

Alexander

Post by Guest »

Sandals can be nice, some get away with it on a Nobel prize award ceremony :-)
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

The only place I haven't dared to wear thongs (or sandals as they call them in America - they look at me all weird when I say I've got my thongs on at work), is in a courthouse. And that's in the actual courtroom in front of the judge. For filing purposes etc I have found shorts, thongs and t-shirt are fine.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I am thinking I will wear my jeans at the Sydney World Cup - well in training - and see what they say.

The NZ national flag is predominantly blue and therfore complies with point 6 of the rulings.
6. The intention of ISSF pistol and shotgun clothing rules is that shooters in
competitions must wear sports-type clothing that incorporates or displays
national, NOC or NF colors and emblems. Appropriate clothing for wear
during competitions includes training suits, tracksuits or warm-up uniforms,
etc. as issued by national federations or NOCs.
I did consider another option of dressing up in drag and high heels but am not sure my make-up skills are up to it!!!!!!!!!
jipe

Post by jipe »

Mikey wrote:I did consider another option of dressing up in drag and high heels but am not sure my make-up skills are up to it!!!!!!!!!
Didn't Jesna Sekaric shoot with high heels (and make-up) in the past ?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Mikey wrote:I am thinking I will wear my jeans at the Sydney World Cup - well in training - and see what they say
Have you checked this with your Team Leader?
6.4.2 ...Team leaders are equally responsible for ensuring that the shooters‟ equipment and apparel comply with the ISSF Rules and Regulations.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I love rules like this, what is the sanction against the "team leader"?

I thought the shooter was ULTIMATELY responsible for everything, I guess it's not so if the team leader is equally responsible.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Spencer wrote: Have you checked this with your Team Leader?
Spencer, you know full well that NZ shooting is a leaderless organisation!
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Drat... put on 40 pounds after I quit smoking and can no longer fit into that tux. Will never meet the ISSF standard.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:I love rules like this, what is the sanction against the "team leader"?

I thought the shooter was ULTIMATELY responsible for everything, I guess it's not so if the team leader is equally responsible.
There is no sanction as such, but the team leader is responsible for the team and that they all dress alike. In the end it is the shooters that could face DQ'ing.

Rob.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

You will _not_ see any team disqualified because the shooters were uniformly wearing (clean, unfaded, untorn, unpatched) blue jeans. Trust me.
gerhard

Meraker Norway

Post by gerhard »

Hello everyone
Look at the pictures of the European Championships in Meraker, many competitors wear jeans before, during (airguner) and after on awards ceremony .. is there some problems ??? I dont know but we will see.
Is someone stay at Meraker who can look and ask ?
Nice day and take fun with shooting.
Gerhard from France
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Alexander wrote:You will _not_ see any team disqualified because the shooters were uniformly wearing (clean, unfaded, untorn, unpatched) blue jeans. Trust me.
No disrespect, but why exactly should we 'trust you' ? Are you somehow over and above the ISSF jury, who have already been authorised by the ISSF council in respect of the world championships.

Only a fool would take his/her shooting team to such an event dressed in a manner that had been spelt out as illegal / outside the rules.
Look at the pictures of the European Championships in Meraker, many competitors wear jeans before, during (airguner) and after on awards ceremony .. is there some problems ??? I dont know but we will see.
Gerhard, if you read the original post and the ISSF announcement you'd see that this ruling is not yet applied but will be in principal at the world cups and in anger at the world championships/

Rob.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

RobStubbs wrote:
Alexander wrote:You will _not_ see any team disqualified because the shooters were uniformly wearing (clean, unfaded, untorn, unpatched) blue jeans. Trust me.
No disrespect, but why exactly should we 'trust you' ?

Because of having read the actual rules and engaging your brain. Alternatively, one may lick boots.
Only a fool would take his/her shooting team to such an event dressed in a manner that had been spelt out as illegal / outside the rules.
Only a fool would salute Gessler's hat. But then, the hat is meant to keep fools in check.

Alexander
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

the reference to Albrecht may be too abstruse for some.