Hammerli AP40 Air Cylinder Adaptor

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Paul monifieth

Hammerli AP40 Air Cylinder Adaptor

Post by Paul monifieth »

I have been having a problem with the fine 14x1mm thread being damaged on both the cylinder and adaptor when screwing/unscrewing the 2 parts, the pistol thread seems good.
I am using a silicone grease lubricant but this does not seem to be overly effective. Could anyone suggest an improved type?
I have obtained a die and tap to clean the threads but the thread on the adaptor is so far gone that it is becoming dangerous to use.
I have contacted Walther about the problem but they don't seem interested in any improvements to material specifications and just direct me to buy new parts - which I will have to anyway.
Other users of this forum seem to have had the same issues for some time with both the thread and Walther.

My main question is - does anyone have a spare adaptor or know where I can get one quickly?
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

Larrys Guns should be able to help you.
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

My AP40 cylinder and adapter jujst arrived today from Walther in Germany.

I have shopped with Larrys before but the $$$exchange rate was better from Germany.

The filling adapter from Walther is very different from the one I recieved from Larrys.

The one from Walther seems to be made out of aluminium whereas the Larrys adapter is machined from brass.

Amanda from Larrys commented that they had run out of genuine adapter and had to have their own made.

Try Larrys as their version look a lot tougher than the German one I recieved.

I hope this helps.

Scott