Shooting glove legal for 10M air pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Shooting glove legal for 10M air pistol?

Post by Guest »

If so, which ones do you recommend?
Dogchaser

Re: Shooting glove legal for 10M air pistol?

Post by Dogchaser »

Anonymous wrote:If so, which ones do you recommend?
No, you may put one on your non-shooting hand to keep it warm though.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

There is nothing that I have found in either the current rules or the 2009 rules that stop you using a glove on the shooting hand, obviously providing that it is clear of the wrist.

Which ones would I recommend? None; hand to handle contact, and more importantly the ability to feel when it is wrong, is too important to mess it up by wearing a glove.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

even simpler;
why do you want to wear a shooting glove?

Spencer

Post by Guest »

better grip.

I was thinking about wearing a thin glove with finger exposed. So only the palm part is leather gripping.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:better grip.

I was thinking about wearing a thin glove with finger exposed. So only the palm part is leather gripping.
Have fun. After a while you'll notice how rare it is to see anyone else doing it and, hopefully, realise why.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Anonymous wrote:better grip.

If you believe that your grip is inadequate, then you should spend some time with sandpaper and/or filler to alter your stocks to obtain a better fit to your hand. If your hand is moist and slippery on the wood, then consider roughing up the wood surface and/or using some rosin on hour hand. As David points out, a glove will not be the answer.

BTW, I was tempted to not even respond to your 'newbie' question because of your refusal to make yourself known to the forum.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Thought this looked awfully similar.

viewtopic.php?t=16893&highlight=glove+pistol

The search function works really well, I know on some boards it doesn't, but if you have a really basic question its a good place to look first, because its probably already been answered.
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

Sorry for the lack of etiquette.

I am new to 10M air pistol. I started shooting since June this year. I am shooting in 540's now. Still distilling the wheat from the chaffe in this forum.

Again sorry for the lack of etiquette. I will sign on as Seamaster from now on.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Sometimes I use "Guest" because I am not signed on, just reading posts, and then I see something that I want to comment on or I want to ask a question. I will sign on from here on out.
Susan