Missouri Air Pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
HBfromstl

Missouri Air Pistol?

Post by HBfromstl »

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the JO's Air Pistol event from Missouri..... I know the qualifier for small bore and international air is in Kansas City, Mo (because I'll be shooting there) but there is no AP qualifier as far as I know. Can you qualify in another state and proceed? Anybody know how to enter in matches in either Illinois or maybe another state? I contacted USA shooting a while ago and of course they pointed at their website, which I had already searched through, and THEN contacted them.... Oh well

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
HB
HBfromstl

Post by HBfromstl »

I take it back, I found the match!
randy1952

Post by randy1952 »

HBfromstl wrote:I take it back, I found the match!
You can qualify for the JOs by shooting outside the state, but you must shot the automatic qualifying score for your age group to qualify. You will need to notify the match director so that he can notify USAS when he sends the scores. Another alternative is that if there are no other matches in your state is to run your own match.
GunCSI

Post by GunCSI »

I'm new to air pistol and am in the KC area. where are they holding air pistol matches?
HBfromstl

Post by HBfromstl »

I just shot (and won) the JO Olympic qual in Owensville (south-central), but other than that there is very few matches. Check out Pioneer Gun Club and if your willing to drive a long way, Highland Rifle and Pistol (Highland, Ill) has some matches.

HB
dhurt

Post by dhurt »

I will also advise checking out Pioneer Gun Club. They are a good bunch of guys, but they only shoot NRA three gun bullseye (indoor and outdoor). Perhaps you can talk some of them into shooting air, I think some of them have airguns. There is a few matches at Tonganoxie Kansas, not far from NW KC. They have the NRA sectionals. You could come to Lincoln NE. and shoot with the 360 pistol club, sectionals on Feb28 and March 28. Good luck, Dwaine Hurt