Ironsights on a Field Target rifle?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Mirconium

Ironsights on a Field Target rifle?

Post by Mirconium »

How possible/simple/difficult is it to put ironsights on a field target rifle like the AATX200? I imagine one would need a ring mount on the front, and a conventional sight on the dovetails on the back, is this true?

I guess I should also ask how good a rifle the TX200 really is. Most reviewers seem to swear by it, but I'm guessing they don't have target shooting in mind, or at least not comparing it to the German merchandise available.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

The TX200 is probably one of the best springer's on the market and has a big fan base world wide. You could move up to the S400 which are CA powered and bolt action. The S400 and S410 have possibly won more field target comps than any other make. As for fitting ion sights, e mail AA for their advice.

Depends what level of shooting/comp/accuracy you want.

Peepsight
Mirconium

Post by Mirconium »

Thanks for the tip. I've tried emailing AA, though no response yet.

In the meanwhile, what's the actual terminology for a doohickey that has a barrel ring on one side and a dovetail or a front sight on the other? I saw something called a Riles Ladder Sight on Neal Johnson's website, but I can't figure out where the insert goes on the damn thing. I'm positive they exist, since before I've seen it done, but can anybody tell me what these are called?

Thanks