more Beijing medal switching on the way?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

That's a possibility and more good news if more drugs cheats are found and the medals passed on to those the compete on a level playing field and actually deserve them. I personally think life bans are in order to try and reduce the problem, especially in some sports. Road race cycling for example is in danger of being made into a shambles with so many cheats in the sport - another 3 from the tour de France found with this new test.

Rob.
TCWriter

I'd be surprised

Post by TCWriter »

They're testing for an EPO variant - a red blood booster used by endurance athletes - and I doubt that drug would have too many benefits for a shooter.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Not exactly true. FWIW, please consider:

Oxygen levels are directly related to vision and concentration.

Vision and concentration are pretty darned important at the elite levels.

And pretty important at the elite-wannabe levels for that matter.

This has been an active discusison point at the OTC over the years. Don't expect to fly to the springs, get off the airplane, and be at your best the first day or so.

When the difference between a 586 and a Gold medal and a 582 and nothing is very subtle . . .