Suggestions for Air Pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
angelitaceleste

Suggestions for Air Pistol?

Post by angelitaceleste »

My sister (a former rifle shooter) wants to shoot air pistol on a national/international level.

Please give me ideas on what she would need to crossover, including pistol, pellets, and equipment.

Also, how could she easily incorporate pistol into her life at pharmacy school? Are there any matches, coaches, or other shooters in the Amarillo TX, New Mexico or Oklahoma area?

Thanks!!
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Steyr LP10
or
Morini CM162e

Vogel pellets, a pellet trap and good european or canadian targets from http://www.pilkguns.com/ depending on her age she may need add'l eye correction but if she's a student probably not old enough yet.

there is already one serious shooter named Michelle L in Amarillo, she shoots with us in Phoenix often, have your sister come out here for the 15-Nov state championships we'll loan her guns and get her started.

Poole
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Bill Poole wrote:Steyr LP10
or
Morini CM162e
With respect it's whatever gun suits her - try from all the top names and see, these include;

So Steyr - LP10, or LP2 compact
Morini - don't ignore the short models
Walther
Feinwerkbau
Pardini
Hammerli
Benelli Kite

Rob.

Morini 162s obsolete?

Post by Guest »

RobStubbs wrote:
try from all the top names and see, these include;

Steyr - LP10, or LP2 compact
Morini - don't ignore the short models
Walther
Feinwerkbau
Pardini
Hammerli
Benelli Kite

Rob.[/quote]
IHMO: Morini 162 and 162 e are at the brink of obsolescense relative to the modern APs like the FWB, and the Steyr. (The 162s lack absorber, vented barrel, 162 M have uncomfortable trigger, etc.)
IMHO too: Walther 300 series (all of them): less than perfect triggers, will not stand up to extended use, and: difficult grip adjustment.
And: Hammerli APs appears "budget" to me. Less advanced than FWB and Steyr.
Further: Pardini: less than perfect trigger, again. Grip angle not adjustable
Benelli: inferior quality relative to the other APs of the list.
Please notice these are just my personal opinions. Based on actual use of these guns, only.
RobStubbs

Re: Morini 162s obsolete?

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote: Please notice these are just my personal opinions. Based on actual use of these guns, only.
Indeed, one persons opinions, but the shooter needs to decide for him / herself. No good going for brand x with a brilliant trigger if, for example, the balance and weight distribution feel awful.

If you look through the data as to which guns are shot for example in WC's and the olympics you'll see most of the above in the lineup, and that's for a good reason.

Rob.
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

I currently shoot a Feinwerkbau P44.It's a great pistol,lovely balance and trigger.A Steyr was my second choice.Some friends shoot the Walther 300xt,but they almost all have problems with it,going from breaking grips to air leaks to fading trigger settings.
angelitaceleste

Thank you!

Post by angelitaceleste »

I appreciate all of the feedback and in such a short time. :-) Thank you for helping us out.

Celeste