FAS AP609 in need of repair

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
n4jee

FAS AP609 in need of repair

Post by n4jee »

I think I've blown a gasket on my air pistol (FAS AP609) and am advised by Pilkington Competition that they don't work on this model. Anybody know a gunsmith that is familiar with this gun?

Thanks,

Gene Jenkins
Keystone Heights, FL
n4jee@arrl.net
william

Post by william »

It's been a couple of years since I've seen a 609, but my recollection is that it was awfully similar to the Benelli Kite. Maybe a call to Larry Carter, the Benelli importer, is in order.
zoned

Re: FAS AP609 in need of repair

Post by zoned »

n4jee wrote:I think I've blown a gasket on my air pistol (FAS AP609)
Try:

Bimrose Precision Airgun Repair
3494 Second Street
Norco, CA 92860
951-272-9451
E-mail: barrelbender @ sbcglobal.net

Repairs are done on: Air Match, Anschutz, Beeman, Benjamin, Crosman, Daisy, Diana, El Gamo, FAS, FWB, HW, Pardini, S&W, Schimel, Sheridan, Steyr, Walther, Winchester, etc.
mister G

Post by mister G »

www.gunsnthings.com in Canada probably has the O-rings, but only if you want to do the repair yourself.
Fred

Post by Fred »

If Randy Bimrose (mentioned above) will accept your gun for repair, there is no one better. As a bonus, he will find and use top quality O-rings, which will last much longer than the FAS O-rings. This is one instance where you don't want factory parts.

HTH,
FredB
n4jee

Post by n4jee »

Fred:
He wouldn't be your brother in law, would he? :)

I tried calling him this morning, but I guess he took Saturday off. Being retired, they're all Saturdays, so I'll call him again the Saturday after tomorrow.

Thanks for the refural.

Gene
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

I just picked up a FAS 609 at last weekend's Denver gunshow, and inside the guncase, was a business card from Randy Bimrose. Supposedly, he had just gone completely through this gun and replaced all the O-rings/seals. The gun operates and shoots very well.

Marlin
used2Bafan

Post by used2Bafan »

I would be careful of Randy right now,
this thread showed me I was not the only waiting for a gun from him

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... dy+Bimrose...
n4jee

My AP609 was repaired by Tim at Mac-1

Post by n4jee »

I contacted Randy and received the following:

I have fixed a 609 but it was a pain and very time consuming because it was an early one and required modification of the receiver to accept the new valve seal and parts. It had to be sent back to the factory and the whole process took 15 months. The modification also required new valve assemblies in the cylinders. We can proceed as long as you understand it may not be a quick repair.

I sent the gun to Tim, he took it apart and told me the parts he'd need. I ordered them from FAS in Italy, shipped them to Tim and had the gun back in less than two weeks. Mine is also an early gun and the person I dealt with at FAS went to his machine shop to ID the correct parts to send. I don't know if Tim had to do any machine work or not, but he turned it around very quickly.

I'm guessing that the one Randy fixed is the one you bought, Marlin. The FAS is a great gun. It's a shame that it became an orphan when Don Nygord passed.
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

I'm not sure how to tell if my gun is an "early gun" or not. Still trying to find a manual for it.

But, if I look at the frame, halfway between the cylinder and some unknown plug (in front of the trigger), there is stamped "CAT. 10362". Does that help determine an "early gun" or not?

Marlin
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

I'm not sure how to tell if my gun is an "early gun" or not. Still trying to find a manual for it.

But, if I look at the frame, halfway between the cylinder and some unknown plug (in front of the trigger), there is stamped "CAT. 10362". Does that help determine an "early gun" or not?

Marlin
n4jee

FAS

Post by n4jee »

I believe the serial number is under the grip.
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

Nope. Sorry, but the only numbers are the CAT 10362 that I mentioned above. I did find a label with Randy Bimrose's address under the grip...

Marlin
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

I did find the serial number: 0040. It was under the loading lever.

Marlin
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

CAT 10362 is the Italian catalogue number.
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

buonvento wrote:CAT 10362 is the Italian catalogue number.
Another poster told mye to contact Raffaele at Domino guns in Italy. Would you know how to do that? All I really need is a fillig adaptor for my FAS 609, CAT 10364, S/N 0040. Any thoughts on how I can contact him? Thanks.

Marlin
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

marlin1881 wrote:
buonvento wrote:CAT 10362 is the Italian catalogue number.
Another poster told mye to contact Raffaele at Domino guns in Italy. Would you know how to do that? All I really need is a fillig adaptor for my FAS 609, CAT 10364, S/N 0040. Any thoughts on how I can contact him?
info@dominoguns.com
marlin1881

Post by marlin1881 »

Email sent. Clock is ticking to see when I'll get to shoot my gun again...

Marlin
n4jee

FAS Domino

Post by n4jee »

DOMINO Guns Import & Export S.r.l.
P.O. Box 108 - Via IV Novembre 54
20019 Settimo Milanese (MI) ITALY
Tel. 02.33512040 - Fax 02.33511587

Raffaele Mancarelli May not be at the above telephone number, but they will give you his direct number. I seem to have lost the scrap of paper with it.

Roberto Armani is another name that I corresponded with, but I think he's a bean counter. I heard from him when I sent them the wrong wire transfer number from Western Union, which is the way they request payment.

Gene Jenkins
n4jee@arrl.net
Keystone Heights Florida
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

Here in Italy someone says that FAS is closed.
Also their Internet site www.fasdomino.com is redirected to www.dominoguns.com which is a dealer and is in another place.
Try with dominoguns.